Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the Claims department.
Position handles excess severity, which have moderate to high monetary exposure to the company. This includes making coverage determinations, investigating the loss, conducting an independent assessment as to the company's exposure, participate in developing and implementing the most cost effective and timely disposition and litigation plan to ensure the claims closure via settlement or litigation. Position requires travel to attend meditations and trials.
(1) determine the scope and extent of available coverage. Re-evaluate coverage as warranted. Clear and concise written and verbal communication with insureds, brokers and underwriters; (2) prepare and execute investigation strategies which identify critical issues effecting liability, causation and damages and consider opportunities of third-party contribution.; (3) independently negotiate claims after obtaining the appropriate authority. Document evaluation, thought process, and strategy. Utilize ADR as appropriate and necessary; (4) Effectively strategize and budget the litigation of each claim through discussions with counsel, vendors and insureds. Establish with defense and coverage counsel clear ground rules in order to maintain financial control of budget and expenses; (5) Make regular and appropriate contact with internal and external customers. Give guidance to insured and/or broker to manage expectations.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- 4-6 years Commercial/ Industry claims experience.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/ written) and negotiation skills.
- Advanced experience and capabilities in litigation claims management, including ADR and mediation processes, involving auto/GL exposures.
- Experience attending and controlling cases at meditations/ settlement conferences, pre suit, post suit, pre trial and post trial.
- JD preferred
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.