Support of underwriting team specializing in underwriting of insurable risks as they relate to corporate M&A transactions (including preparation of deal documents) and development of relationships with M&A source producers (brokers, lawyers and private equity fund principals).
Main Duties/Accountabilities/Key Performance Indicators:
The Analyst will support the transactional insurance team, including representations and warranties insurance, tax liability insurance and contingent liability insurance. Among other things, the Analyst will:
• Main job is to:
(a) negotiate confidentiality agreements, non-reliance letters
(b) raft insurance policies, and review comments from insured and its advisers
• Conduct background research on the parties to a particular transaction and the industries in which they operate.
• Review and understand the client's motivation for requesting the insurance coverage, the role the insurance is playing in the transaction, and the value of the insurance to the transaction.
• Review and understand documentation relevant to the analysis and assessment of the risk.
• Analyze and assess the underlying risk in accordance with the relevant product line policies and procedures.
• Prepare non-binding indication letters, insurance policies and binder agreements.
• Interact with clients, client’s advisors, brokers and other deal professionals.
• Participate on underwriting conference calls.
• Manage the underwriting process and, in cooperation with the legal department, the selection of and work performed by outside counsel.
• Present preliminary findings and conclusions to senior underwriters and management.
Position Requirements: Competencies: • JD highly preferred;
• Legally qualified
• Strong written and oral communication skills;
• Highly focused, enthusiastic and creative thinker;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaboratively work on a global basis; and
• Ability to be a self starter and work independently.
• Specific experience with M&A, insurance sector or other financial institutions a strong plus.
• JD highly preferred;
• Post ID: 96968384 manhattan