Posted: Monday, June 19, 2017 3:37 PM
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. Were making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
In a senior or lead capacity, to ensure smooth and efficient front-end (cashiering) operations; and to ensure Petco customer engagement practices are consistently followed by cashiering associates, which, in turn, promote a culture of service and trust for both customers and staff.
Functioning in a multi-task environment, this position is responsible for front-end (cashiering) operations, which includes monitoring cashiers performance, personally resolving customer/staff issues and providing team and individual coaching when necessary. In partnership with the store management team, this position is responsible for helping to drive the stores success through proactive customer engagement, including management of customers perceptions/expectations, and as well as ensuring that visual merchandising standards are continually met.
Essential Job Duties:
- Monitor and oversee Store Cashiers; interact professionally with store staff and customers, ensuring that lines do not exceed the maximum number of customers per cashier; Monitor Cashiers daily performance, provide coaching on-the-fly and constructive feedback to ensure customer service 'best practices' are consistently followed.
- Provide a structured schedule to assure that cashier meal breaks and rest periods are organized and followed in compliance with applicable state and federal labor laws. Schedule breaks in a manner to ensure that they are taken at appropriate times while maintaining maximum coverage during showtime hours.
- Manage closing procedures for cashiers, ensuring zone cleaning and sectional fronting and facing are done in preparation for next days opening. In accordance with Petcos 'Front End Makeover' program, organize nightly cleaning and recovery by assigning associates to different areas of the store and follow up to ensure that Operational Standards of Excellence (OSE) are in place.
- Train all new Cashiers on operational responsibilities and proper phone etiquette; periodically audit register procedures.
- Monitor PALs sign ups, (including email) and donations, providing coaching as necessary. Ensure that customers are greeted properly upon entering and leaving the store and that associates pick up incoming phone calls in a timely manner, using the correct greeting.
- Execute all deliveries, both phone and in-store. Manage any issues with the delivery company.
- Sign for all UPS and FEDEX deliveries to assure that the proper departments receive their respective deliveries.
- Follow protocols to authorize returns, exchanges and voids over $50.00. Verify and approve $50/$100 bills or any bill that is questionable. Enforce all company policies and procedures including those designed to minimize shrinkage.
- Control and count the safe. Make change for cashiers and prepare change orders for bank. Monitor and oversee all cash pickups.
• Location: Manhattan
• Post ID: 110765258 manhattan