Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG.
AIG has an opportunity for a Senior Production Specialist in the property division specializing in underwriting Middle Markets Property risks. He/She is expected to work effectively in an independent manner to successfully manage his/her book of business of new and renewal production along with contributing to the profitability for the property business portfolio of the region. A Senior Production Specialist must be able to illustrate sufficient technical analysis and underwriting acumen combined with marketing and sales skills to meet underwriting goals (i.e., achieve growth targets and maintain loss and expense ratios).Performance Objectives:
• Plan, manage, and evaluate a $12M to $15M book of profitable business.
• Set up a broker plans, target account lists & pipelines along with arranging and monitoring plans for poor performing accounts.
• Utilize underwriter authority in accordance with the Global Property objectives.
• Manage and develop effective producer relationships throughout assigned territory.
• Work alongside marketing department to effectively cross-sell the company's offerings.
• Effectively negotiate and secure policy terms that align with the company directives.
• Provide direction and support to junior underwriters on new and renewal business.
• Coordinate strategy and work collaboratively with other aligned business units including Special Risks, claims, actuarial, engineering, analytics, and marketing.
• Make internal and external presentations as necessary
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Property arena
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Knowledge of specialized Property forms and wordings
• Relationships with 1st and 2nd tier brokers in the region
• Knowledge of the market, portfolio management, acquisition and distribution
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment making quick decisions while adhering to a sound underwriting discipline
• Outcome focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
• Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on collaboration and working well with others
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook necessary
• Post ID: 96968390 manhattan