- We have an opening for a full-timeCASHIER/FOOD SERVICE WORKERposition.
- Location: The New School - 63 5th Avenue, 2nd Floor, Manhattan, NY 10003.Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T Schedule including weekends.
- Requirement: Prior customer service experience is preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Chartwells Higher Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry, and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Full time associates at Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Operates Point of Sale system, assists the Chef, prepares coffee, and keeps the coffee and cashier stations clean.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Helps prepare foods such as meats, vegetables, baked goods and desserts. Also helps prepare catering orders.
- Performs cashier duties using the POS system.
- Perform general cleaning duties; removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Provides service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
- Cashiers according to established procedures, maintaining cash accuracy with receipts. Makes deposits at the end of each shift.
- Inventories and restocks supplies and food products.
- Sets up serving line, ensuring temperatures are taken, recorded and within acceptable ranges; notifies cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Serves hot and cold items to customers.
- Sets up items for purchase on daily basis.
- Keeps refrigerator stocked and product rotated using the first in, first out rule.
- Stocks pantries with correct par levels of food items on a daily basis. Records replenished amounts on floor stock form for each unit. Records refrigerator temperatures on floor stock form daily.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 132163527 manhattan