Plan, organize, train and direct Grocery Clerks; perform production and customer service functions; maximize store sales and profits. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize work, train and schedule associates so that customers to consistently provide prompt courteous service.
- Respond appropriately to customer or associate comments, complaints, requests, and questions. Be prompt, tactful, calm, courteous and professional in all interactions.
- Use Computer Assisted Ordering to manage ordering appropriate quantities of merchandise and supplies, and ensure proper accounting of product received and balance on hand.
- Perform and direct others in pricing and displaying of merchandise. Maintain proper signage, product rotation, freshness, quantity, quality and proper space allocation for merchandise.
- Engage yourself and counsel associates in effective, productive merchandising techniques, customer services, product presentation and promotional activities.
- Implement company programs and adhere to company policies and procedures, particularly in the area of maintenance of a work environment free of unlawful harassment or discrimination.
- Provide input on department budgets, goals and results and maximize department and store sales and profits.
- Communicate and interact with associates and customers to provide a positive impression.
- Maintain equipment and facilities properly and safely in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Assist on special projects such as periodic inventories, store resets, remodels, and special merchandising promotions.
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to promote, communicate and implement company initiatives and process improvements to direct reports in a positive manner.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Willing work weekends and holidays.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make intelligent decisions quickly.
- Able to tactfully and calmly handle stressful situations and make a positive impression on associates and customers.
- Understanding of all key components of department operations.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, and safety.
- Qualified and able to operate power machinery and work with various job tools.
- Possess abilities and skills for effective production, merchandising and customer services related to sale of merchandise.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Frozen Food work experience or similar experience.
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity.
Jobs at Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes: At Dillons, Baker's, and Gerbes, we are always looking for friendly and reliable people for a variety of positions, including management opportunities for those with retail management experience. We offer competitive wages and benefits, a flexible schedule, and room for career advancement. If you're interested in a new opportunity with our company, complete an online application today.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 443,000 associates who serve customers in 2,796 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries operate an expanding ClickList offering a personalized, order online, pick up at the store service in addition to 2,253 pharmacies, 787 convenience stores, 324 fine jewelry stores, 1,439 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is recognized as one of Americas most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KS||Manhattan|| 1101 Westloop Pl ||66502 || Dillons||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 131108197 manhattan