Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Serves as initial point of contact for all retail aligned-client projects and recommends and advises clients on options and capabilities utilizing marketing and communications best practices and channel knowledge
- Maintains the “big picture” for projects and client requirements ensuring that related deliverables are treated appropriately
- Develops consolidated messaging at the point of sale across retail
- Supports launching new product features to new and existing distributors
- Manages measurement, reporting & insights for retail marketing
- Manages research efforts designed to inform ongoing retail marketing strategy
- Implements and manages effective storefront merchandising strategy including product display and POP (point of purchase) to maximize retail sales
- Understands the competitive landscape and trends in consumer buying behaviors, and be able to develop appropriate responses and actions
- Evaluates creative brief content for completeness and actionable content that will enable the creative team to create on-target deliverables for the client
- For Tier 1 projects involving multiple components, assists in strategic development, prepares cost/time estimates as necessary, monitors “big picture” progress, and tracks major milestones and actual costs against estimates.
- Provides strategic counsel and develops a “trusted advisor” relationship with aligned clients
- Partners with client to develop an Account Plan identifying Tier 1 Creative Services/Marketing projects and goals, as well as expected Tier 2 and 3 needs, across a calendar year that enables Creative Services to staff, prioritize and plan to meet those needs; reviews and updates Account Plan at set intervals across the year
- Assumes responsibility for recommending new products and updating standard offerings; building strong client relationships; resolving conflicts; improving communication; and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Serves as the voice within the creative studio for the client and facilitates client interaction with the designers and writers as appropriate. Ensures that the creative team understands client requirements and perspective and that the final output aligns as appropriate.
- Understands clients’ products, audiences and business objectives and ensures they are applied to client products; collaborates with designers and writers to ensure product delivers on client promises.
- Reviews products for quality, consistency, accuracy, and advancement of the visual and verbal brand in design reviews, and ensures that consistent image/message is conveyed across the client’s products.
- Attends sales, strategy, status, project kickoff, and other client meetings. Helps client understand the importance of the brand and marketing objectives.
- Sets expectations with clients, e.g., when and what they will see next as part of the creative process, budget expectations, solution response expectations, and follow-up process and metrics expectations.
- Appropriately balances client desires, business needs, marketing standards, and brand identity.
- Involves direct supervisor as appropriate and alerts him/her to potential challenges and opportunities for the Marketing and Corporate Communications team.
- Works with manager and extended team to develop departmental standard operating procedures, workflows and enhanced infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Account Management.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Eight or more years of professional level experience; four or more years of which are in account management role either in an external or internal agency
- Expertise in applicable applications and tools such as Microsoft Office and project management software.
- Exhibits broad understanding of traditional and emerging channels specific to retail
- Understanding of and insight into the retail environment
- Knowledge of marketing best practices in the B2C and B2B fields
- Ability to gain deep knowledge in specific channels or vertical markets as required by specific Client’s business unit and larger organization’s industry
- Ability to partner with clients to write thorough and actionable creative briefs
- States opinions clearly and can verbally update clients on project status
- Leverages research and data to support client business solution strategies
- Pragmatic with creative business strategies always keeping eye on the objectives of the assignment
- Listens well and incorporates others viewpoints into project management process
- Adept at crisis management, resourceful and solution-oriented
- Ability to execute client requests and project management with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly; spell check was run; and specs, brand, deadlines, and budget were adhered to)
- Excellent project management skills, highly organized and ability to multitask effectively
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Strong written, verbal, and communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize deadlines
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6501372-account-director-of-retail