What you’ll be doing...
The Art Buyer works closely with the Head of Creative and other in-house agency (IHA) creative team across brands to procure required art, coordinate pre-production planning and prepare for reproduction of all projects including the purchase of art from stock sources and assisting the DAM Librarian with the administration of the digital asset management system for the storage and tracking of media assets. The Art Buyer finds and purchases imagery that aligns with the agency’s brand and fulfills client requests and project objectives as well as meets media-specific technical specifications. The role is the critical steward for providing governance over image use.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external production teams, clients and vendors to produce integrated, multi-media shoots and achieve strategic and brand-specific goals.
- Coordinates pre-production estimates, negotiations and purchases of art work (photography, illustration, video clips for all print, digital and projects utilizing stock imagery or photographic and illustration services.
- Works closely with our creative teams to source photographers, illustrators, CGI/3D artists, and stock photography for our advertising campaigns.
- Negotiate cost and timing with the artist representative for the best product within budget.
- Maintains strong relationships with stock photo agencies, photographers, illustrators and artist agents.
- Handles initial contracts and renewal negotiations with all stock vendors.
- Appropriately secures and manages usage rights, talent agreements, and copyright licensing terms
- Administers all related paperwork, PO's, invoices, releases, etc.
- Performs Photo Research (Strong visual sensibility required).
- Assists DAM Librarian in administering Digital Asset Management System for storage and tracking of all media assets.
- Schedules and handles logistics of photo shoots including the photographer search, fees and usage rights negotiation, contracts and scheduling photo shoots to ensure time and talent are on time and on budget.
- Acts as creative consultant for art directors and clients to help pair each concept with the most suitable art or talent.
- Works with PMs to gain client approval on art list and memo relating details of photo shoots and/or stock photography.
- Complies with quality standards for the team as set forth by creative leadership.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Digital Arts or Photography.
- Previous experience as an Art Buyer/Associate Art Buyer.
- 3+ years of experience within direct marketing or comparable industry.
- Strong visual sensibility and ability to make recommendations for the visual elements of a project.
- Extensive experience collaborating with creative teams.
- Strong creative and production skills as well as a full appreciation of the creative ‘life cycle’ of a concept from initiation to production to final launch.
- Well versed in all types of photography, illustration and other media including associated techniques and development processes.
- Able to present ideas to internal team and clients.
- Proficient expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working on high-volume integrated and print campaigns.
- Experience with Digital Asset Management and DAM tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, organized and detail-oriented.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6915950-art-buyer
• Post ID: 112526403 manhattan