Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Writes creative, effective marketing copy following a creative brief.
- Researches clients, their competitors and the target audience to support creative strategy and inform the execution.
- Provides writing support for aligned client group(s), as well as supporting projects from other clients as demand and scheduling requires.
- Collaborates with design team as needed to meet specific project objectives.
- Produces original, clear and credible copy and is accountable for the final development of creative assets.
- Ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the writing objectives.
- Ensures messaging brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Executes writing requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly, spell check was run, facts were confirmed).
- Responds to all requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner.
- Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
- Supports peers by reviewing work to ensure zero errors in work.
- Edits and proofreads material as demand and scheduling requires.
- Supports leadership in helping to build a unified team mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experiencewith MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge ofAP and Chicago Manual of Style.
- External or in-house agency experience.
- Minimum of three years professional level writing experience.
- Portfolio required.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Understands writing applications in traditional and emerging channels.
- Maintains a consistent voice and audience focus in writing.
- Is able to “boil down” verbose content to the “essence” of the main message in a concise, effective manner.
- Exhibits consistent quality control in work.
- Exhibits an understanding of specific channels or vertical markets as required by job function.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt style of copy to various audiences, purposes, or media.
- Exhibits competency presenting creative work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6498150-copywriter
• Post ID: 95363779 manhattan