What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touch point.
The Design Director (ACD) provides design leadership for all 2D Retail Creative Communications within the in-house agency. Working in collaboration with counterpart ACD Design Directors and a team of Graphic Designers, and reporting to the 2D Creative Director, this position sets the tone for communications for all fixtures, displays, product launches, in all Verizon retail channels.
This is a hands-on position for someone with demonstrated achievements in creative and retail excellence, who can successfully manage the balance between business, technology and design. We are looking for a creative leader who will help Verizon become the leader in visual communications and design.
The Design Director inspires and leads a team of designers, and has the needed skills to translate business requirements into clear visual design direction in a physical environment. This is a person who has worked with large iconic brands, and can turn the most unique visual communication concept into scalable programs for our large fleet of retail locations and customer touch points.
- Embrace our new Next-Gen retail visual communications concept, and work with the team to take it to the next level.
- Work with the Creative Director on the retail visual strategy for all Verizon channels (Direct /Indirect).
- Play a key role in the strategic deployment of Next-Gen communications look and feel into all Verizon physical spaces.
- Ability to create impactful visual campaigns for all product launches, and overall merchandise.
- Ability to quickly iterate new visual concepts/formats in both static and digital formats.
- Recommends, researches and develops the latest retail trends/visual experiences to support creative strategy and execution.
- Collaborates with other Graphic Designers to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
- Contributes to the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
- Plays an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
What we’re looking for...
skills and Knowledge required
- Demonstrates proficient expertise in Graphic Design software and work processes.
- Understands design applications in traditional and emerging channels.
- Contributes in developing initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives.
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights
- States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
- Produces work that adheres to brand standards, but also able to explore new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the retail experience.
- Understands that all projects require attention to detail so that work is on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Graphic Design preferred.
- Minimum of eight years professional level experience required.
- Portfolio required with demonstrated creative conceptualization skills.
- External graphic design studio experience desired.
- Retail visual graphics experience required.
- Large scale retailer in-house visual communications experience preferred.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2262908-associate-creative-director-design
• Post ID: 150879112 manhattan