Business Development & Marketing Manager will be responsible for developing and managing an end-to-end communications strategy to maximize reach, create brand awareness & engagement using media including: printed collateral, internal/external PPT decks, the VZ SCV website, white-papers, blog, events and the social ecosystem. The position will work closely with all cross-functional teams to ensure successful execution and delivery of the messaging & communications plan. The role will be independently responsible for the planning and execution of multiple programs/projects
This individual will have the authority and independence to lead cross-functional teams in identifying key deliverables that ensure that requirements and risks of the overall goals are identified, managed and completed in at timely fashion in order to achieve targeted phase completion and schedule completions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as lead in planning process of all communications & product marketing plans
- Demonstrated ability to work with leadership and across teams to define scope, strategy, requirements, risks, resources and implementation of individual projects and or projects as part of the broader program
- Develop and execute on communication plan process.
- Work cross functionally and across multiple levels of leadership and work issues to successful resolution and engagement
- Articulate logical and persuasive arguments across the organization
- Ensure that projects complete according to schedule and expectations
- Ensure scorecards in place for measurement of programs
- Be highly collaborative, produce high quality results in high pressure situations and dynamic environment
- Respond effectively to conflicting priorities, continuously prioritize and reprioritize deliverables and respond to unexpected changes
- Act as lead on planning and collaboration meetings
- Maintains current knowledge of industry issues, key players, recent developments, trends, opportunities, the changing media landscape, and best practices
- Lead development and preparation of the content and story line for executive presentations
Who You Are
- You love social media and big technology
- You’re a thought leader with great ideas
- You know how to simplify messaging. How to communicate complex information in a way people can understand
- You’re a master at creating and executing innovative social media strategies that connect brands directly to customers/users
- You’re equal parts strategist, marketer and analyst
- You have a keen understanding of how social media dovetails a broader marketing/communications strategy.
- Your presentation skills are impeccable, and when you talk social, it's with such passion that you win converts in even the toughest of crowds
- You’re a team player, who can seamlessly coordinate with product and creative teams to develop digital plans/roadmaps and execute them flawlessly
- You’re a thought leader and thrive being on the cutting edge
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Marketing experience.
- Strategy planning experience.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Six or more years of marketing experience
- Two or more years of strategy planning experience
- Proven ability to implement, support, and track multiple programs under strict timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an organization comfortably
- Solid understanding of project management including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, develop detailed work plans and specifications, recommend resource allocations and run team meetings
- Proficiency in MS Office software packages – specifically powerpoint
- High energy, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- High degree of skill in spreadsheet applications and ability to generate effective presentation materials
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.