The Business Development Manager position within Verizon Enhanced Communities is responsible for B2B relationships within the New York City MDU (Multi Dwelling Unit) community that enables Verizon to expand the reach and revenue penetration of FIOS services.
The primary role of this position is to develop and expand B2B relationships with Property Managers, Rental Property Owners and Condo/Co-op Boards to secure Right of Way Agreements, Fios Marketing Agreements and Bulk Fios Agreements.
- BDM will work in coordination with local Verizon Engineering to secure License Agreements granting Verizon the right to construct a fiber to the premises network on and through the targeted properties
- Initiate face-to-face customer contact with high value owners, builders and developers of multi-dwelling units to present, propose and secure marketing rights for Verizon's FiOS services in direct competition with Cable MSOs, CLECs and other providers of communications services at these properties
- Establish deal terms specific to each opportunity as necessary
- Establish and leverage effective customer relationships to position Verizon as the provider of choice for voice and broadband services by owners, builders and developers
- Negotiate contracts and close long-term deals for cooperative marketing of voice and data services to renters on an exclusive basis or under a Developer-paid Bulk program, creating new business and top-line revenue growth opportunities to Verizon
- Understand competitive environment and Verizon's technical advantages in order to present capabilities in a consultative manner
- Coordinate pre-sales, technical support with Verizon engineers, as needed
- Update applicable Verizon Engineering and Sales Databases
- Participate in local/regional industry events and forums, including owners, builders and developer trade associations, presenting Verizon's programs and capabilities as applicable
- Interface with local Outside Plant Engineering organizations (as applicable) positioning Verizon's Enhanced Communities program and leveraging OSPE role in identifying and pursuing new construction engineering opportunities for Verizon and ownership entities alike
- Responsible for continued improvement/on-going education as it relates to applicable technical, product and service, and sales training
- Satisfy administrative and funnel management responsibilities, and maintain/update weekly and monthly sales forecasting reports in VEC systems
- Meet or exceed established sales quota
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Four or more years of relevant experience.
- Two or more years of B2B experience.
- Strong familiarity with MS Office Suite and funnel management software.
- Familiarity with Multi-Dwelling Industry.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Presentation skills.
- PC skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6280839-business-development-manager