What you’ll be doing...
Verizon’s Content, Strategy & Acquisition team is responsible for leading robust content strategies and acquiring premium and multiplatform video programming across both new and established product lines within Verizon’s FIOS, Mobile, Broadband and Verizon O&O media platforms.
We are looking for a passionate and innovative self-starter to join our Digital/New Platforms team to help bring our content to a wider audience. Experience in business development, product/project management, AR/VR technology and/or media is a must, but above all we are looking for someone with the strong desire, passion and want to explore all existing and new VZ product areas to identify and build new strategies for how to expand our content offerings within each. In this new group, you will collaborate with every single key part of the business and across various internal matrix partners to ultimately drive new content strategies, innovation and revenue growth.
- This person will be responsible for a broad range of strategic, multiplatform content focused initiatives covering both new and established VZ O&O product lines and also across VZ’s new media platforms (AOL).
- Identify and source new content opportunities across VZ’s O&O platforms/products and successfully develop content strategies for each.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships for the team across all VZ product leads and be the team go-to for all related VZ O&O product roadmaps/enhancements and new key product launches
- Primary contact for distribution partnerships, helping to bring our content to new platforms
- Knowledge of digital video landscape, including solid understanding of digital video distribution, digital influencers and major content creators/providers as well as competitive landscape including new, emerging and established digital platform content offerings.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in content licensing and/or business development.
- Experience negotiating and closing license or business development agreements.
Even better if you have:
- A Master’s degree. Ideally, your MBA.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to synthetize and prioritize multiple projects at a time.
- Strong project management and organization skills and the proven ability to be adaptive and effective in a quickly changing environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, data analysis skills combined with sound quantitative and qualitative judgment.
- Proven capability to anticipate risks and drive risk management with cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to research and analyze the external environment to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, customer needs, applicable and emerging content areas, and the competitive landscape.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6738817-content-strategy-manager-new-platforms
• Post ID: 99805898 manhattan