What you’ll be doing...
About our team:
The Verizon Experience Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love.
Working from a newly designed studio space at 140 West Street, the team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the most important touch points across the customer journey.
About this role:
As a Design Strategist you balance Design, Technology, and Business priorities to guide the creation of innovative, brand-defining product and service experiences. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
You will represent a different way of working—human-centered, iterative, and customer focused. Your work will communicate new ideas and provide a strategic lens to ensure that recommendations not only solve customer’s needs, but also create sustainable business value that fits into the larger enterprise roadmap.
As a member of the Experience Team, your immediate focus will be on projects including, but not limited to initiatives in digital app / web, communications, retail components, and a variety of innovation challenges like new business reframing and strategic whitespace finding.
What you’ll be doing:
● Uncover and socialize core value propositions based upon customer needs and market data. Align with cross-functional leadership to leverage key initiatives in other areas of the business that could enhance the overall value proposition
● Lead and be hands-on in multidisciplinary teams through all facets of activities for problem reframing, research discovery, insight synthesis, concept ideation, and pilot / prototyping of new business opportunities
● Create compelling stories and express future states for new products, services, business cases, and customer experiences
● Facilitate dynamic work sessions for both small and larger groups who may not be familiar with the design innovation process
● Translate multiple stakeholder points of view and encourage balanced engagement and alignment
● Express concepts through powerful visuals and form bringing visions alive. (e.g. sketching, prototypes, video etc.)
● Work with internal / external business partners, researchers, product managers, designers, content strategists, and creative technologists to identify people’s needs and help translate into actionable opportunity areas
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing new products, services, and experiences.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, Masters preferred.
- 7+ years of experience developing new products, services, and experiences.
- Mastery of human-centered design / design thinking methods.
- Ability to draw, sketch, and rapidly visualize ideas and complex systems.
- Well versed in the preparation and conduction of research activities.
- A positive attitude that can build strong relationships with multiple stakeholders and project leads.
- Demonstrated ability to develop criteria and point of view on opportunity areas and prioritization.
- An articulate communicator comfortable defending ideas, enrolling business partners, educating teams on methodology, and presenting to high-level stakeholders.
- Willingness to work out of 140 West St New York City office with some work days in Basking Ridge, NJ and/or Piscataway, NJ.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2251751-design-strategist
• Post ID: 150881957 manhattan