What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industries sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
Digital Visual Designers are responsible for creating visually engaging and innovative digital, web-based and mobile experiences for a range of cross-platform digital communications. The Visual Designer works closely with other members of the creative team, account services, clients, UX and developers to understand and execute against projects of all sizes and meet the goals and objectives.
Visual Designers weave images, iconography, typography, color, space and technology together to delight users with designs that excite and engage them. You’ll rely on customer-focused design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across multiple platforms. You will work closely with passionate brand, marketing, development, media and sales teams to bring ideas to life to help drive business.
- Conducts ideation sessions and develops concepts in collaboration with the writer/creative team that are strategically sound, on brand, and pleasing to our users.
- Produces original designs, graphic elements, assets, and visual treatments for complex projects ranging from websites, applications, email, and advertising that adapt and flow with responsive design systems, based on limited direction.
- Partners with front-end developers to create HTML and CSS-friendly designs.
- Communicates effectively in a cross-functional product development team and presents ideas and designs effectively.
- Presents a visually engaging user interface with an effective hierarchy of information so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find
- Provides design support for aligned client group(s), as well as supporting projects from other clients as demand and scheduling requires.
- Works in a cross-functional, collaborative team environment.
- Accountable for producing the creative assets, ensures accuracy and attention to detail to meet or exceed overall design objectives.
- Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Partners with the Digital Design Manager or creative lead and brand team to achieve effective and efficient outcomes.
- Responds to client requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner.
- Works to improve the team’s overall performance by embracing agile methodology, functioning as an integral part of an agile team.
- Supports leadership in helping to build a unified team mindset.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in design with a digital emphasis, human-computer interaction, or a related field.
- Three or more years of professional level creative/digital design experience within an external or in-house agency.
- A strong online portfolio required demonstrating solid digital design skills and innovative interactive work
Experience designing outstanding digital products for B2B and B2C environments
Ability to work with email platforms, including integrating live text, code snippets and modular email design
Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
Demonstrates expertise of design techniques, skills, tools and procedures for the applicable media.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
Actively learns new techniques to be more proficient in their design skills.
Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
Writes and speaks effectively and is able to clearly communicate with peers, leadership team and clients.
Able to work with highly technical teams.
States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
Provides open and honest feedback to supporting team members with the goal of striving to be the best.
Respectfully questions direction from the Digital Design Manager or creative lead to help clarify strategies or fill information gaps.
Does not create an adverse (us vs. them) mentality regarding client/creative points of view.
Eager to share designs with team early in the process to gain alignment on execution strategy.
Leverages data and trends in the competitive landscape to inform the design process.
Pragmatic with creative executions always keeping eye on the objectives of the assignment.
Listens well and incorporates others viewpoints into the design process.
Supports and demonstrates corporate brand knowledge.
Ambassador for the marketing department objectives and point of view on corporate brand and its visual identity.
Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines and always strives to do work right the first time.
Embraces the notion every project is an opportunity to make an impact.
Seeks appropriate support from other designers to help develop assets for specific projects.
Executes design requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly, spell check run, specs adhered to).
Supports peers by reviewing work to ensure zero errors in work per above.
Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work.
Always meets deadlines under normal circumstances.
Willing to “roll up sleeves” and work after hours as needed.
Solves problems before they negatively impact the project, team or processes.
Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions.
Provides potential solutions when presenting challenges to leadership.
Creative at problem solving and proactively offers to help.
Eager to jump in and help others in challenging situations even if out of their comfort zone.
Pays attention to all details of a project and ensures they meet the requirements.
Understands the scope of their role and seeks help from appropriate team members or other resources as necessary.
Prideful and diligent in the final preparation of work including production and presentation details.
Works with minimal direction and can be counted on for accuracy
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6885999-designer
• Post ID: 112526708 manhattan