Overall, this position sits in the Commercial Product Management group and works with all the business units in the new product development and strategy organization to ensure pipeline of products and enhancements are managed and brought to Market effectively and once in Market the content and engagement model is continuously improved and enhanced to grow users and consumption of our product. Specifically this role will lead a cross functional team across the company to activate our Go to Market for the launch of our Mobile Video Network product.
- Manage a large Consumer product portfolio, in particular manage the launch activities of the Mobile Video Network.
- Managing and maintaining governance on the Product Marketing, Merchandising and ongoing Content Programming and development for the products
- Reviewing and approving the business cases for enhancing the services being offered on by ensuring the business cases are in sync with the overall strategy
- Reviewing the product performance through defined measures and preparing an executive summary reflecting performance vis-à-vis goals established. Portfolio would comprise of all products and services offered.
- Focuses externally to understand trends related to consumers, competitors’ products and services, the market, and other groups. Continuous focus on emerging technology trends and tools to address customer needs and gain market share in an expedited manner.
- Conduct Market Research to constantly remain in front of trends and behaviors in the consumer video and social network markets, and developing ideas to enhance the consumer engagement.
- Manage a team of resources to drive through the team’s goals, allocates resources according to the business needs to meet business priorities
- Encourage cross business unit collaboration & build strong partnership both internally and externally with product development, network, sales, marketing and advertising teams to ensure consistent focus on improving the product P&L and meeting established goals.
- Maintaining oversight on the financial performance of the products and impact on shareholder value
- Critical evaluation of the profitability of existing products to ensure alignment with the strategic direction & strong financials.
- 10+ years’ experience in product management, product planning, product marketing or product strategy
- Experience in managing or monitoring a product P&L and evaluating product profitability
- Experience in collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders including development, network, finance, strategy, marketing, advertising and sales teams
- Expertise in the technology industry and inroads to understand trends related to customers, competitor products and services, the market and other groups (e.g. government agencies, trade associations, public service commissions)
- Understanding of emerging technologies & how we can leverage to address customer needs and gain market share
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or Business or Project Management related fields of study.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6465009-director-product-marketing-digital-entertainment