The Marketing Organization at Verizon establishes and builds our brand as the leading technology and network brand in the industry, by understanding the changing customer expectations, providing specialist marketing capabilities, driving consistency of brand, creative and experience, and delivering efficiencies and effectiveness in our communication.
The Wireless Demand Generation team within the marketing organization is looking for a Director with a passion for driving aggressive growth campaigns around service promotions and devices and be accountable for driving brand value perceptions across integrated marketing campaigns at scale. The key focus will be to attract and acquire new millennial customers that will balance our customer base. Additionally, this person should have the ability to set a vision and strategies how to drive promotion periods/device launches and have strong understanding of marketing and media analytics.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will need an individual who is a (an)
- Action-oriented business leader who is focused on driving results.
- Strong leader who invests deeply in your team and develops strong relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Process driven and highly structured thinker.
- Coordinating and communicating with cross-functional marketing teams as appropriate to ensure that deliverables are executed and best practices are shared across various teams.
- Highly collaborative and invested, not only in the success of your team but the entire organization.
- Proven ability to build and lead world-class teams that are driven to create exceptional traditional and digital creative campaign experiences that drive strong business results.
- Clear and constant communicator and great listener.
- Capable of crafting a clear vision for the future and the steps necessary to execute against that vision.
- Have developed and executed against short and long-term brand and business growth strategies.
- Develop master marketing plan and define strategy for wireless demand generation
- Leading & developing all creative campaigns and consumer-engagement strategies that support brand vision/Business Unit demands through multi-media platform requirements.
- Leadership of weekly creative integration/platform meetings, campaign launch meetings, creative concept reviews and executive level planning/strategy/creative review meetings will be expected.
- Driving integrated communication & consumer messaging strategies to support defined Business Unit marketing objectives strengthen brand affinity and achieve consumer acquisition/engagement/ retention goals.
- Develop annual advertising go-to-market roadmap, manage multiple projects simultaneously, provide thought leadership and concise direction to agency teams
- Manage multiple marketing programs, including integrated campaign management.
- Apply a deep understanding of marketplace and consumer insights to achieve long-term vision and success. As well as, collaborate with business leads and core/functional teams to build strategic rationale, conceptual ideas and innovative creative platforms.
- Monitor and analyze performance overall against lead targets and other marketing goals and make continual recommendations for optimization and growth.
- Communicate with marketing, senior leadership, and sales management on an ongoing basis regarding new and nurtured lead performance results, current incentives, and course corrections.
- Continually assess campaign and program performance, determine why programs succeed or fail, and identify new optimization tests, growth opportunities, and recommend investment areas.
- Lead overall integrated campaign strategy and plans, working with BU promotional and device marketing teams to outline key marketing themes, messages, offers, and mediums for promotions throughout the year.
- Day-to-day management and accountability for all marketing programs and other promotional programs.
- This role necessitates partner relationship cultivation and management, asset execution and imparting creative consistency amid internal/external stakeholders.
- Manage AOR (Agency of Record) resources and scope, annual communications planning, consumer messaging and success measures, calendar of deliverables, project timing and distinction in creative delivery. The development and management of annual creative production budgets, facilitation of budget requests and quarterly scope and budget reconciliation.
- Develop and articulate clear direction from multiple listening sources internally and externally to drive relevant content creation with high levels of engagement.
- Research, source, plan and implement customer engagement programs in collaboration with the Marketing and Sales teams and proactively drive online activities to improve levels of engagement.
- Ensure content provides clear benefits to the target audience, conveys the Verizon brand voice and personality, and meets high quality standards
10+ years of advertising agency experience on high volume, high intensity/demanding clients
7+ years of demonstrated leadership in marketing programs / demand generation, with a proven ability to deliver consistently strong, measurable results.
Competence and confidence to lead multi-faceted Agency team; Account, Strategic Planning, Production and Creative from strategic planning and creative development to execution of creative campaigns.
Video content marketing experience, with additional consideration given to OTT history and engaging millennial segments.
Working knowledge of dashboard reporting principles, data and analytics insights and industry measurement tools to focus brand development, evaluate successes and opportunities and guide implementation efforts.
Strong campaign management orientation, including identifying new themes, topics, offers, and vehicles to reach target market with those messages.
Strong interpersonal and team building capabilities, with the ability to build trust based relationships and manage effectively.
Proven ability to drive change and results through influential leadership skills.
Outstanding track record of delivering on financial goals and measuring success against KPIs.
Team player able to work collaboratively across the organization – product, finance, marketing, sales – to accomplish objectives.
Highly-effective communicator to all levels: can clearly articulate demand generation through interpersonal, presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
Flexible and adaptive to constant change. Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Creative, high energy, innovative, proactive, and resourceful.
Must have a high attention to deal and focused on quality output.
Proven ability to operate effectively in a highly-matrixed environment with competing priorities.
Excellent senior-level executive with cross-cultural communication skills and a proven ability to communicate complex ideas and processes in a simplified manner to individuals unfamiliar with subject material.
Strong blend of commercial and technical skills with the ability to synthesize relevant information and make key decisions.
Proven ability to develop a clear and concise business case and to deliver results through collaboration
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6463888-director-promotions-and-device-marketing