What you’ll be doing...
We are looking to evolve the social and emerging media marketing presence of Verizon, America’s No. 1 wireless network, and an emergent force in digital content distribution and entertainment space. The Director of Social Engagement will help oversee a transformation in the perception of the brand from a quietly reliable communications company to a beloved brand and essential part of people’s digital lives.
- Define and articulate the brand’s voice and narrative in social media across multiple, diverse and growing product lines (wireless, FiOS, hum, go90, etc).
- Manage a team charged with creating and enforcing guidelines for content and distribution.
- Develop social campaigns that amplify all of Verizon’s mass media efforts.
- Lead agency relationships and drive client-agency steering committee with input on all marketing work streams and consumer touch points (i.e. not just social) and decision-making authority on all things social.
- Work with agencies on shaping and responding to integrated campaign briefs, ensuring social communications are aligned to target audience to help achieve business objectives.
- Serve as final reviewer and approver of all creative and strategic output from agency teams.
- Work with analytics teams to monitor results and decide how best to optimize social output based on data.
- Identify corporate, cultural and industry trends that lend themselves to creating opportunities for the Verizon brand, and building social campaigns to leverage these opportunities.
- Act as the advocate of adoption of social media within Verizon, influencing overall business and marketing strategies.
What we’re looking for...
- Previous agency AND client side experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in direct involvement and oversight of the creation of notable work in social channels, including viral content and ideas that drove large-scale social engagement.
- Understanding of the current social platform landscape, including consumer behaviors and capabilities for all of the leading social platforms/networks.
- Successful experience optimizing content to increase reach and engagement across social channels.
- Fluency not only in the creative aspects, but also the strategic, operational and analytical aspects of a daily publishing operation.
- Strong working knowledge of data-driven business strategy and how content strategy can support it.
- Fluency in cultural trends and news in priority categories like personal/consumer technology, sports, music, movies and TV.
- Strong knowledge of how social media fits within a larger marketing ecosystem -- specifically the distinct role of social vs. that of TV, print, online advertising, and other media – and a strong grasp of the criteria that define good social vs. good TV, print, OLA, etc.
- A background in media or marketing in an environment where producing and publishing content on a daily – even hourly – basis is routine.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6825124-director-social-and-emerging-media-marketing
• Post ID: 106585023 manhattan