What you’ll be doing...
The role of the Executive Director of Engagement Activation will lead a cross-functional team focused on innovative/creative marketing to drive marketplace demand for the Verizon brand and products. This will be accomplished through the creation of unprecedented experiences and integrated Social and Content - based communications for our customers, prospects and communities.
- Responsibilities include leadership and oversight of Sponsorship Activation, Content Marketing and Social Media disciplines within the overall Activation Organization of CMO
- The leader in this role is responsible for driving highly integrated, innovative and effective programs across sponsorship, experiential, influencer, content marketing, social engagement (end to end), and social media operations across the Verizon Portfolio. Inclusive of the strategy and execution of all national and local sponsorships, content marketing strategy/deployment, SEO strategy / implementation and social media across business units.
- Critical to this role is partnership and collaboration with Demand Activation, Consumer Experience and Creative teams within CMO as well as Marketing Operations leadership within each business unit. Our customers (and prospects) seamlessly engage with physical activations, content and social media, and this role will be responsible for creating programs that flow between physical and digital worlds to deliver our brand promise.
- Sponsorship Activation is responsible for the integration of onsite activation and consumer engagement experiences across Verizon’s core sponsorships (which are within sports and entertainment, including NFL, NBA, and Star Wars). We are also charged with nurturing and activating talent relationships across industries and passion points of music, sports, fashion, travel, wellness and dining. Our approach is innovative; rooted in delivering meaningful value and first-ever experiences with an eye towards global scale and driving business results.
- Social end to end is inclusive of Social Engagement (Editorial/Content, Customer Engagement/Relations & Campaign / Marketing Integration), Social Operations (Insights/ Analytics, Tools/Platforms & Paid Media Integration) and Advocacy Platform strategy and management (inclusive of Social Selling enablement). To building integrated programs, leveraging partnerships, influencer marketing, content and social media amplification to create more effective programs and greater efficiency for the business and drive business goals including driving traffic to stores, online and in social channels. Extremely vital to this role is partnership and coordination with PR, to ensure maximum amplification of programs and seamless integration.
- Content Marketing and SEO (which are critical levers to Demand Generation and capturing interest driven from other media touch points) is also a core area of responsibility of this role. This discipline works closely with other internal teams (centralized media functions – i.e. SEM, Data Sciences), Demand Activation Leads, Experience, Creative Teams, Business Unit Marketing and Verizon Media C. (i.e. AOL, Verizon Digital Media Services, etc.) for content procurement, creation, distribution and management strategies.
- In this role, the Executive Director will work to build cohesive integrated programs for CMB and Verizon Wireless (NFL, NBA, local marketing) that include all touch points noted above. For Wireless and CMB this role will build strategies and integrated programs that connect physical activation and experiential with local activation and engagement (product launches, ‘get well’ plans, etc.). This role will also be responsible for how we activate new partnerships (AOL, Hearst, Complex) in social and onsite activation. Key stakeholders include: full CMO org., VZW, BU, Telematics, Media Co (AOL, etc.), VES and VCM BU.
- In addition, this role will be responsible for leading the local market strategies for sponsorships, experiential and social, creating the local market strategy and programs. This role will lead a team to create locally relevant programs that ladder up to broader brand objective. Partnering with the Market Presidents and Field Marketing VP (Matt Carr), the Executive Director will create nationally driven, locally focused, demand driving plans and programs.
- This role will lead the Associate Director of Sponsorship, the Director of Content Marketing / SEO and the Director of Social to define processes that ensure end to end integration between social and sponsorship team, and will lead the development of KPIs and metrics for social and sponsorship across tactics and programs. This role will work to leverage technology that Verizon builds (loT, network) to enhance consumer experience onsite and through social programs.
- This role will be responsible for identifying gaps within the portfolio, analyzing new partnerships and creating effective programs at a national and local level.
- This role will lead all hospitality and ticket management across the business and will be responsible for executive stewardship of partnership assets.
What we’re looking for...
- BA/BS Degree (MBA preferred)
- 15+ years of demonstrated success in results oriented strategy and marketing
- Innovative thinker and proven leader within Agile Marketing
- Passion for the customer – willing to dig deep to drive meaningful and actionable insights
- Superior strategic skills which provide customer / business insights and support decision making process
- Strong creative skills, both for social and experiential spaces
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to lead large senior team via influence and deliver clear presentations at the most senior levels
- Relationship driven – builds credible and trusting relationships with a broad range of colleagues, stakeholders and business partners
- Understanding the current social platform landscape, including consumer behaviors and capabilities for all the leading social platforms/networks
- Fluency, not only in the creative aspects, but also in the strategic, operational and analytical aspects of a daily publishing company
- Strong working knowledge of data-driven business strategy and how content strategy can support overarching strategy
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6834462-executive-director-engagement-activation
• Post ID: 107078158 manhattan