Reporting to the VP, Executive Creative Director, the Group Creative Director will manage the CD teams and the general work flow of all major projects. S/He will manage and mentor a team of art directors, designers, writers and external creative partners who are turning creative ideas into tangible outputs across a variety of media. This person is responsible for the creative direction and creative ideation for of the agency. Duties include assigning projects, ensuring deadlines are met, and maintaining an efficient and engaging work environment for creative personnel. This role requires strong communication, creative leadership and problem-solving skills, and the ability to establish and maintain solid relationships with team members. The GCD is tasked with delivering creative excellence and connecting the dots for how the brand works across all touch points. S/He manages the creative department (15+ direct reports) to ensure creative quality and strategic ideas are delivered.
- Translates marketing objectives into clear, actionable creative strategies.
- Manages and provides creative direction and supervision to creative team for all creative work.
- Ensures consistent, high-quality service by developing and maintaining dedicated, strong relationships with primary customers of the team.
- Helps set a tone of cooperation in the in-house agency by promoting a “be of service” solution oriented mentality across the team.
- Coaches and develops team members by providing regular informal and formal feedback, supporting individual development plans, and strengthening project and relationship management skills.
- Supervises, coordinates and ensures the on-time and orderly flow of all creative/production from job initiation to its final delivery and billing.
- Analyzes marketing challenges and create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Determines project assignments and monitors workload of all creative and production team members.
- Works directly with account management, account directors, creative producers and technical leads on assigned projects
- Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Leads and contributes to projects in partnership with internal and external designers, writers, and marketing specialists.
- 360 Integrated Campaign Skills (Traditional/Digital)
- Solid understanding of the business and value of Creative Services
- Effectively lead and manage a team with poise while maintaining tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present self and work professionally and persuasively to internal clients.
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve and analyze trends in workflow.
- Incredibly detail oriented, thorough and precise.
- Positive attitude, open to change and an iterative development process.
- Works well under pressure and within tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage both his/her time effectively as well as the team’s time.
- Excellent understanding of industry best practices in design.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in design, advertising or related field.
- Minimum of eight years professional level experience required as a creative leader.
- Minimum five years management experience preferred.
- External agency experience desired
- MBA preferred, or Masters in Business or Marketing, commensurate experience in building large scale creative. and marketing solutions
- 10+ years of experience brand/marketing/communications experience in integrated, brand and digital communications.
- Highly motivated, with a proven track record of building clients and expansion of client accounts
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6663800-group-creative-director