Ideation and Prototyping Manager - Media and Entertainment Insights and Trends - Verizon (New York,
What you’ll be doing...
Envision and lead initiatives inclusive of strategic company projects supporting innovation, research and product development.
- Act as a trusted research innovation partner and expert that will be relied on for strategic POV
- Perform all data research and perform analysis on all projects and lead the research process with help of appropriate data mining tools and perform qualitative and quantitative research from insights to conceptualization within timeframe and budget.
- Develop creative ideas and solutions based on industry research and consumer insight to formulate thinking for new products or improve existing products/product performance.
- Contribute to organizational business development activities.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with internal stakeholders, project teams, external business partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Collaborate and facilitate working sessions with project team members to identify product requirements in the form of features and functions that help solidify product concepts.
- Coordinate with various teams to design and recommend an efficient strategy, perform the appropriate research required, and prepare pitch presentations with the right level of interpretation on all primary and secondary data.
- Lead the planning and preparation of research reports for all program projects based on the internal stakeholder audience and meeting requirements.
- Facilitate the exchange of ideas for all research activities and analyze data and manage communication to prepare executive level presentations/workshops.
- Analyze consumer research data to identify insights, trends, and implications that add value to the design and implementation of strategic business initiatives.
- Be a subject matter expert on analytics solutions, products, and capabilities across all customer segments and geographies
- Monitor the competitive landscape and address through feature recommendations and competitive marketing collateral.
- Present new product ideas for product innovation galleries to Consumer Product VPs and the overall organization
- Evolve and improve competitive messaging, positioning, and packaging of information for the Product Innovation program
- Access and analyze customer needs and market trends to help drive business cases for all new product areas and to support overall product strategy
- Assist with developing go-to-market business models and plans that support the launch of new ideas, products, solutions, and service offerings
- Work with the content teams to create best-in-class business model materials that align Verizon assets and customer delivery capabilities with customer needs
- Co-lead the creation and delivery of clear, concise and engaging product materials around the product value propositions, competitive developments, and new market offerings
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our ideas/products
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Market intelligence – be the expert on our consumers, how they buy and their buying patterns; be the expert on our competition landscape and how to differentiate ourselves from them
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in marketing research or research strategy.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Market Research.
- An MBA.
- Telecom experience and understanding of wireless industry trends and key business drivers.
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking capability.
- Understanding insight generation process.
- Consumer research methodologies.
- Thorough knowledge of syndicated data sources and analytics, qualitative and quantitative primary Marketing Research methods, and creative application of third party information sources to provide a holistic view of marketplace factors.
- Demonstrated skills in project development and management as well as analysis and development of consumer insights.
- Ability to synthesize data and create aggregated reports that isolate consumer mindset and market need.
- Excellent communications skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal communications as well as in the development and delivery of presentations involving complex topics and data.
- Knowledge of consumer and retail markets within the US and Telecom business.
- Ability to complete competitive analysis and drive new strategic thinking.
- Passion for technology and good understanding of current technology landscape and issue.
- Data analysis and excellent data organization skills.
- Ability to design own research methods.
- Genuine interest, understanding, and passion in consumer driven new concept generation and business development activities.
- Ability to work independently at senior level, managing output and contents.
- Natural problem solver and process oriented mindset with demonstrated desire for driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to present data or findings in a concise graphical form and ability to deliver findings to others.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, challenging and stimulating organization.
- Aptitude to work outside of your comfort zone and get things done quickly and in some cases with little to no supervision.
- Analytical mindset and ability to see the big picture and ability to present that big picture to others.
- Experience working on projects and with resources virtually.
- Shows initiative, anticipates and prepares for upcoming situations, takes advantage of opportunities, acts quickly and decisively, addresses issues before they become problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 116190028 manhattan