Why should I work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand into a leading technology player.
Our in-house agency brings together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team to be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Identifies user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; studying how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling; meeting with focus groups.
- Plans information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; designing information structure, work-and dataflow, and navigation; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
- Organizes information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; crafting interactive experiences; producing workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, and storyboards; preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinating with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
- Implements information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements; coordinating with Web Producer and Production Developer to integrate site concept, visual design, writing, interface, and navigational structure; documenting structure and processes.
- Validates information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating traffic patterns; studying user feedback; coordinating with Usability Specialists.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with information architecture and usability analysis experience designing user interfaces for web based applications.
- Willingness to present online portfolio.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in design with a digital emphasis, human-computer interaction, or a related field.
- Experience with Agile Scrum including writing user stories and tasks
- Hands on experience with UX deliverables including strategy and analysis documents, prototypes, Visual Design and UI specifications
- Hands on design of navigation, interaction, nomenclature systems, and UI diagrams including flows, wireframes, and sitemaps
- Experience with usability testing including writing screeners and scripts, running focus groups, facilitating card sorting, surveys, and remote session testing
- Expert knowledge of usability best practices and accessibility issues, including 508 compliance and ARIA
- Working understanding of frontend technologies including CSS3, HTML5, jQuery UI, and other evolving interface standards to assist in design
- Understanding of responsive design and supporting frameworks such as BootStrap
- Minimum of three years leadership experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years experience with application design (non static sites), content strategy, and content management systems.
- Expert knowledge of Axure and other widely accepted UX design tools including Adobe Creative Cloud, Balsamiq, and InVision.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6464628-information-architect