Innovation and Emerging Technologies Product Manager - OTT AI VR AR - Verizon (New York, NY)
What you’ll be doing...
The Product Innovation Manager will be responsible for innovating, developing and managing consumer product concepts ranging from OTT video to AI enablers to Communication solutions to AR/VR. Projects include identifying current market pain points, scouting and identifying new and emerging technologies to enhance Verizon product pipeline. The candidate has to closely work with the product and strategy teams to qualify the new solutions and technologies to assess feasibility of implementation for Verizon. The qualification process will include developing a business case, technical deep dive and assessing alignment with Verizon. Additionally, this position should work with outside partners to drive quick prototyping efforts to test with consumers and measure defined KPIs. The candidate should have a love for technology and a good understanding of trends and players in the market. They should be able to quickly establish a POV in regard to Verizon and applicability of a solution and technology. They should be spokesperson and champion for their ideas and work very closely with the product teams to have champions and homes for their concepts. The candidate should have strong consumer first mentality and want to drive the experiences for them. They should be out of the box thinkers and good strategic mindset.
- Develop a strong startup and new technology network to tap into for emerging solutions and technologies
- Strong partner development and management skills
- Work closely with a partner network to ideate and deliver rapid prototypes for consumer validation
- Develop commercial models and business case to evaluate opportunities
- Do rapid qualification of solutions and technologies to arrive at go/no go decision for POC testing
- Work with cross functional team to handoff for internal development of qualified concepts
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams such as engineering, design, finance, user experience, go-to-market and marketing in an agile environment.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics or computer science.
- A Master’s degree in Technology Management or a MBA.
- Worked at a startup doing Business Development, Corporate Strategy, Management Consulting or Venture Capital.
- Product management & development experience in defining, developing and launching consumer products.
- Demonstrated leadership amongst a high performing team of specialists.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business cases and commercial models.
- Experience and/or working knowledge of consumer technologies, product trends in the market in a consulting, market research or venture capital roles.
- Demonstrated experience in developing product strategy/use cases.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying new/existing customer/business requirements/use cases; formulate and implement solutions working with partners for rapid prototyping.
- Demonstrated effectively prioritize and vet products and value with internal and external partners.
- Ability to develop, deliver clear, complete and concise product concepts.
- Passion for product and a drive for high-quality work, ability to make and keep demanding commitments, and a track-record of excellence in customer satisfaction.
- Passion for consumer technology and an early adopter.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
• Post ID: 150881727 manhattan