The Smart Venues team is a new multi-disciplinary team committed to using design to shape the future of Verizon products and solutions in venues (Stadiums, Arenas, Universities, Airports, etc.) The mission of the team is to enable venue operators to deliver the ultimate fan & visitor experience.
The Smart Venues team is seeking an engaged and passionate product designer to join our growing team. You are an advocate for human centered design, lean UX and agile development with core strengths in UI/UX design and communications.
The Lead UX Designer role is responsible for end-to-end product design for Smart Venues team efforts. The role will work with internal and external stakeholders across Verizon channels to create new, human-centered, design-led applications. The ideal candidate will have experience leading product UI/UX design teams in fast paced deadline driven environments. This leadership role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts. The role requires creative strategic thinking, driving interaction with BUs across the organization and experience building, launching and scaling new design-led venue solutions.
• Guided by customer-driven insights and agile methodologies, design and deliver elegant and delightful new applications for fan engagement solutions, such as mobile applications
• Own the UX/UI design process, translating business viability and technical feasibility into visual concepts and prototypes
• Responsible for the creation and delivery of all aspects of UX/UI design documentation
• Maximize research data to deliver intuitive user flows, interaction models and information architecture for all digital platforms (i.e. mobile, tablet, desktop)
• In partnership with product and development, influence and execute scalable strategies that align customer needs with overall business plan for the Smart Venues team.
• Establish design best practices across the Smart Venues/Cities organization
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- UX/IU design experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in Information Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Business or related discipline.
- Seven or more years of UX/IU design experience with an impressive background creating experiences, services and applications
- Proven track record owning or playing a fundamental role in the UI/UX/interaction design of products, sites and/or applications.
- Strong background in UI/UX design with proven ability to create functional, usable and delightful interfaces.
- Proven ability to bring to market consumer-oriented digital products, services, and/or experiences.
- Strong information design communication skills, both in team collaboration and written documentation of UX design elements, flows, interaction and functionalities.
- Experience with multi-platform projects for large audiences (mobile, tablet, desktop and connected devices).
- Strong digital product sensibilities.
- Passion for venues and live events.
- Position based in New York City, NY or Sunnyvale, CA
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6492085-lead-ux-designer-smart-venues