What you’ll be doing...
Overall Purpose of Role
To provide overall C-level relationship management, organizational leadership, GTM partnership development and execution with a top global partner/client. To manage and scale the overall success of the partnership from exceptional revenue growth to relationship maturation and expanded JGTM programs. To architect and execute the overall global strategy in order to build and deliver on joint partnership strategy. To provoke, uncover, nurture and close complex, integrated global solutions that enable a named global partner to realize its own business objectives and build unique value propositions for innovative JGTM for their end clients. To provide C-level individuals within the client/partners organization compelling, new thought-leadership based on agreed to and mutually beneficial business plans and mutual commitments. To manage and coach business development (BD), client executive, and client partner resources to achieve the aforementioned purposes. To guide and develop Verizon’s industry specific product teams, solutions specialist teams, solutions architects, customer support teams, and commercial analysts to achieve target levels of success consistent with the partnership strategy. To provide balance across the 360’ relationship lifecycle of one of Verizon’s top client/partner/customer.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The managing principal role drives and manages the P & L (EBITDA / Margin) of one of Verizon’s top global accounts/partnerships. This position owns the business relationship (“C” suite level), and the overall strategy with the client, (organizational environment, including formal and informal power structures, motivations of key stakeholders, how decisions are made and how GTM offerings are built). They are responsible for consultative selling practices, channel strategy, account management, and development of the overall global strategy. The managing principal will focus on new revenue, new routes to market, as well as maintaining existing revenue, time to money, expense to revenue and next generation Alliance offers in partnership with the Client/Partner. The managing principal is the resident expert in the client’s industry and provides guidance and thought leadership to the client. This role directly deploys and manages business development/client executive/client partner/managing partner and sales associate resources to guide and execute 1 to 12+ month funnel opportunities and the existing, run-rate business as well as strategic advanced solutions. The managing principal leads a natural team of deal experts, professional service consultants, solutions specialists, solutions architects and customer service consultants.
- Define and drive expansion of alternative paths to market in a Sell To/Through/With System Integrator and Alliance distribution model
- Work with partner executive leadership team and Line of Business heads to define outcome-based, Industry specific, solutions to complement/enhance partner market facing offerings
- Orchestrate and execute strategic alliance initiatives with defined global enterprise distribution partners across VES Vertical sales teams to enable joint collaboration with SI/Alliance partner and Verizon Direct.
- Influence and direct Partner Alliance objectives and success metrics, routes to market, and identify joint offering roadmap(s)
- Serve in a leadership capacity to communicate and steer Verizon next generation strategy to Global System integrator and Alliances Channel sales teams and partners
- Provide ownership to the overall relationship Verizon has with this top Client/Partner
What we’re looking for...
The preferred candidate must have demonstrated in previous roles: strong leadership skills, an ability to operate in positions requiring significant self-direction and motivation, and a proven track record in consultative selling solutions.In addition to broad knowledge and expertise in the industry, the ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates the ability to further develop existing business and executive level client relationships, cultivate new relationships, and align with IT and Business Groups to uncover opportunities and develop distribution opportunities
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of business finance and a high level of awareness of Partners business / industry sector. Fully understanding of how an investment adds value to the business, how to produce a business case that delivers a compelling financial argument to purchase a solution/service offering, and understanding the principals and application of an ROI model
- Demonstrates good knowledge/understanding of Partners' environment as it relates to their specific sector. Identify sector trends and drivers; understand key applications that solve business problems in sector and help drive solutions that meet customers' specific needs/requirements.
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of VES Strategic Solutions. Capable of identifying, qualifying & progressing opportunities with minimal support. Demonstrates expertise in this competency and could support/coach others
- Establishes "C" level contact within Partners and demonstrates a detailed understanding of both the Partners' sector and business drivers/challenges. Has good understanding of Solutions Selling methodology and tools and applies these regularly to both gain a better understanding of the Partners' environment and manage the relationship.
- Understands effective negotiation techniques and seeks to apply them in most situations. Is focused on achieving mutually beneficial, "win-win" results and is alert to Partner or customer buying signals and identifies and acts on closing opportunities.
The preferred candidate must also be able to manage multiple priorities, develop strong relationships within assigned accounts, and:
- Articulate client business value with consultative selling approaches
- Understand the delivery implications of consulting opportunities and sell solutions that VES can deliver
- Assist with developing proposals and oral presentation
- Work in a highly ambiguous, dynamic environment with a proven ability to balance competing demands and priorities as well as operate independently
- Team with VES colleagues and vendors to develop creative solutions
- Promote cross-brand solutions to promote the overall VES portfolio requiring an understanding of VES and VzW offerings.
- Understand key partner and competitor offerings which overlap the VES solution space
- Must have proven track record of exceeding annual revenue plan.
Excellent communication skills, able to interact with C-Level executives, polished and professional, able to effectively matrix manage a team with work on multiple projects at a time. Negotiation and organizational skills required. Must be able to identify short and long term goals to achieve overall team/company objectives. Must be able to manage, lead and influence others outside of their department/functional area as such, managerial experience a plus.
The Managing Principal will use the compelling assets of Verizon to identify, build and deploy complex, integrated solutions for their client, including:
- Software Defined Networking Solutions
- Complex multi-towered Global Solutions
- Hosting and distributed server environments
- World class information assurance solutions
- Global data and voice based WAN & LAN services
- Wireless and mobility services
- End-to-end communications and user experience service management
- IP based communications and managed services
- Out-tasking and outsourcing
- Professional Services across all practice areas
- Experience managing a P&L
- C-level executive relationship creation and development
- People leadership capability
- Global solutions development and delivery
- Large/very large/complete out-tasking and outsourcing deal leadership
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6819128-managing-principal
• Post ID: 105331888 manhattan