What you’ll be doing...
Manager, Customer Experience Design
The Manager of Customer Experience Design will lead the strategic development and implementation of new customer experiences at retail. The Customer Experience Designer performs a critical role to ensure alignment with the brand strategy through insight analysis, deep customer understanding, and designing new customer experiences. The Customer Experience Designer will actively engage senior executives, key stakeholders, peer teams, and business partners to lead the ongoing evolution of the customer journey and experience. This role requires frequent collaboration and transparency to transform the experience. The Customer Experience Designer is responsible for deliverables that reach consumers to ensure alignment with the brand and Total Experience strategy.
Experience Strategy & Insights
- Lead customer research to evaluate and drive the Verizon retail experience
- Synthesize findings from fieldwork, customer interviews, and desk research to influence design
- Bring to life the voice of the customer, connecting experience design and business operations to the customer
- Work closely with the design and business teams to identify customer pain points and turn them into actionable customer journey maps
- Create experience briefs that will drive innovations within the design team
- Develop and manage research roadmap with business units
- Manage external research and agency partners in executing Verizon’s research plans
- Use human-centered planning and financial modeling to develop business models for concepts & help shape their design
- Develop business models that enhance the customer experience and drive consumer satisfaction
- Develop business cases for concepts & designs to unlock top line growth
- Translate brand strategy into retail principles and roadmap to define the Total Experiences and ongoing evolution of the retail experience
- Manage and partner with 3rd parties to leverage cross-functional insights to render strategic recommendations
Strategic Initiatives & Roadmaps
- Direct and design retail initiatives creating new experiences that fulfill the brand, purpose, and strategyat retail
- Inform the definition and development of new/existing experiences across all moments of truth along the customer journey
- Develop strategic roadmaps, define requirements, processes and generate business cases to support work stream objectives
- Champion initiatives to ensure the greatest improvement across all touch points of the customer journey
- Share intelligence of experience initiatives and interrelated activities to ensure synergy and avoid experiential breakdowns or collisions
- Lead the retail experience by holistically evaluating opportunities for new experience design
- Articulate work stream initiatives, business drivers, and provide recommendations to ensure leadership is equipped with the information needed for mission-critical decisions, and assess cost and revenue impact of new processes and transformation investments
- Perform as the strategic expert to embed the Total Experience guiding principles
Cross Functional Integration
- Lead and develop a multi-disciplinary team consisting of indirect resources throughout the company
- Ensure the team delivers the highest standard of departmental, cross-discipline, and intra-company teamwork and collaboration
- Leverage insights from multiple sources to understand customer expectations, pain points, and gaps/opportunities within the work stream
- Partner with several staff functions to provide governance, streamline deliverables, and achieve high performing results
- Incorporate Lean Six Sigma methodology to simplify processes with the objective of delivering higher quality and increasing return on investment (ROI)
- Create summary business cases and decks that outline scope, objectives, and key deliverables
- Gain in-depth understanding of process flows and collect objective evidence to substantiate areas where breakdowns/gaps exist
- Exercise significant, independent judgment within broadly defined policies/practices to determine the best methods for accomplishing work and achieving objectives
- Use real-time data to respond to short-term threats (volume spikes) and identify larger opportunities (design, innovation, customer experience) by creating transparency of information from working to executive levels
- Oversee tracking/status updates of experience/process strategy and improvement projects generated by the Total Experience team and specific work stream.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- 6+ years in retail, customer experience, or design.
- Experience leading customer interviews & field research.
- Proven experience for creating consumer facing service experience for consumer desirable brands.
- Demonstrated program/project management in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent skills required to compile, analyze customer data and understanding cause and effect relationships.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer experience, company policies, procedures, and KPI measurements.
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can assess data and make appropriate process decisions/recommendations.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present and work with senior leaders.
- Ability to gather information; extract relevant data and apply knowledge to develop and create communications.
- Keen understanding of the elements required defining and developing a leading customer experience.
- Strong follow up, organization and prioritization skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma methodology a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6839300-markjeting-manager-customer-experience-design
• Post ID: 107761018 manhattan