The Media Agency Lead will be responsible for evaluating and managing digital and traditional media Agency of Record and misc other Agency of Records including PR. Manager will drive continuous optimization of the media agency roster through effective compensation structures, performance management (scorecards/incentives) and effective talent management/staffing plans. This role will be accountable for annual and quarterly business reviews with the client and agency to ensure effective utilization of the digital platforms and resources as well as managing business issues and performance levels. This includes the optimization of Quarterly Business Review tools, Performance review materials, Letter of Authorization and Scope structures for digital agencies.
This role will also be responsible for developing guidelines for “media” related processes (Upfront) and deliver efficiencies for the business to support appropriate ROI on traditional media investments(above the line) . They will be responsible for identifying (and implementing) best practice benchmarks for media agency performance and proactively monitor media emerging technologies (Demand Side Platform, Programmatic).
The media agency lead will also develop effective processes and guidelines for the interaction with in- house agency/low cost production provider if necessary (internal content creation needs media outlet).
They will provide effective on-boarding and transitioning as/if our media agency roster changes over time to ensure all new partners understand the brand strategy and identity principles and all other processes needed to execute business with Verizon including area marketing local buys. Manager will partner and collaborate with procurement and legal teams to ensure our master contracts are effectively protecting Verizon (and updated bi-annually as media measures change) and our annual contracts are aligned with business objectives and budget targets. This role will also help with issue management and resolution with Verizon media agencies and marketing teams.
This individual will also oversee an analytics and reporting role that will manage analysis and reporting for Fee, Fulltime Employment, Production, Quarterly Business Review analysis, Out of Pocket analysis, YOY Spend and Comp Trending, Model Efficiency measures versus benchmarks (for example production to media ratio) and overall metrics dashboard.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Six or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience with media planning and buying.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Communications planning experience.
- Knowledge of media mix modeling (as a business user) to drive media performance & Optimization.
- Experience negotiating agency contracts, building scopes and staffing plans.
- Procurement relationship management.
- Policy development and agency model governance experience.
- Experience directing creative agencies.
- Digital media platform experience/knowledge (programmatic buying, trading desks).
- Agency performance management.
- Agency compensation modeling.
- Agency review experience (RFP building).
- Agency roster optimization.
- Highly organized and process driven.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with array of agencies and clients.
- Creative Production experience (traditional).
- Strong planning and collaboration skills.
- Work independently with minimal supervision and work effectively under pressure and short time lines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in creating presentation materials for executive review.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6417356-media-agency-lead