Why should I work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand into a leading technology player.
Our in-house agency brings together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team to be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Lead by example in building best-in-class print production team by ensuring all members are proficient in their role, process, brand standards and business requirements.
- Empower the print production team to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit.
- Source and manage production for a wide range of printed materials to meet business needs on time and on budget.
- Perform both procurement and project management of print for each assigned campaign or project assigned.
- Ensure print specifications are complete, accurate, and align to brand standards.
- Determine specs, estimates and competitively bid all projects maintaining budgets.
- Manage the creative team's retouching comments and art direction with prepress suppliers to ensure accurate interpretation and follow-through.
- Manage the production and proofing of work through the marketing department and on press.
- Proactively present production solutions and offer suggestions for more efficient production methods.
- Collaborate with Fulfillment Managers for accurate and efficient delivery.
- Continually develop & maintain relationships with print suppliers. Participate in supplier reviews as required.
- Create purchase orders, finalize specifications and cost, and confirm and communicate print/delivery schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Your degree in media arts and technology, graphic arts or related field.
- Eight or more years of print production management experience in an external or in-house agency.
- Three or more years of management experience.
- Proven ability to lead and develop staff in sourcing and managing print production services.
- Flexible, proactive, highly organized, excellent at multi-tasking and able to work effectively as a team member and leader.
- Ability to track and manage multiple assets and versions for color reviews and sign-offs.
- Communicate fully, effectively and diplomatically, and exhibit proactive, solution oriented thinking and execution.
- Work collaboratively in partnership with others, maintaining a professional demeanor under pressure and in situations of ambiguity.
- Expert color analysis skills and extensive experience with prepress and a variety of printing processes.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Functional knowledge in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop for reviewing files.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6472361-production-designer