Why should I work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand into a leading technology player.
Our in-house agency brings together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team to be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Reads and provides comment on all advertising and promotional projects to ensure:
- Accuracy of spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax and context.
- Accuracy of references, web addresses, phone numbers, and other data.
- Compliance with brand guidelines.
- Correct usage and presentation of Company and Brand trademarks, and logos
- Consistency and accuracy of layout components. (spacing, capitalization, etc.)
- Overall continuity, consistency, clarity and presentation.
- Proofreads design and copywriting projects in a variety of print and digital mediums
- Adheres to departmental standard operating procedures and workflows.
- Ensures all client, legal and compliance annotations are correctly interpreted and addressed.
- Maintains strict adherence to deadlines.
- Creates and updates proofreading best practices and consultation guides.
- Interacts with account managers to resolve issues, negotiate revisions and verify information whenever necessary.
- Communicates clearly and promptly with manager and Studio staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
- Proofreading experience.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Ability to accurately review complex materials including all graphics, texts, multimedia, web sites and charts with exceptional attention to detail.
- Proficiency with AP and/or Chicago Manual of Style and standard proofreading marks
- Excellent project management skills, highly organized with the ability to coordinate multiple projects and deadlines.
- Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, with the ability to prioritize tasks according to clients’ needs.
- Excellent eye for design consistency
- Strong skills in communicating a point, idea and/or description in writing ability.
- Demonstrates proficient expertise in the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat
- Degree in English or journalism.
- External or in-house agency experience.
- Strong written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6501234-proofreader