AIG Property Casualty has an opportunity for a Reinsurance Account Analyst in New York. Performance objectives in this position are as follows:
Balance sheet - provide support to the reinsurance finance team for various quarterly and year over year account level variances.
P&L - work with the treaty placement team for detailed analysis of quarterly activity
Quarterly Close support:
Maintain and monitor month/quart close calendar to meet all close related deliverable
Reinsurance layoff calculations - gather premium and loss information and prepare basic reinsurance calculations (NMJE's)
Provide support to Finance in response to pillars/modules question on reinsurance transactions
Work with Finance on FAS 5 calculations
Work with Finance on the variance for payable/recoverable balances
Account rendering/sub-ledger maintenance:
Prepare manual statement of accounts (Contingent Commissions, Reinstatement Premiums, International loss Recoveries)
Prepare manual entires into RDPS for statement rendering
Cash processing initiation and application into sub-ledgers
Work with Treasury department in monitoring cash via monthly forecast and annual budgeting
Process sub-ledger adjustments per requests from Collections, manual accounts and sub-ledger research of open balances
Provide the Reconciliation unit with support for sub-ledger related activity
Work with Finance on GL to SL reconciliation analysis
Maintain manual sub-ledger detail for accounts not on MSA
Calculate and maintain Funds held balances for manual accounts.
Position Requirements: * Minimum 5 years of casualty insurance experience is required. * Exposure to underwriting is desired. * Should have strong interpersonal & communications skills and conscientious work ethic.
* Strong math skills are needed.
* Working knowledge of reinsurance is preferred.
* Should be proficient working with various AIG reinsurance coding systems (PPS, UPS, EMIS, eRe).
* Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in experience is required.
* Minimum 5 years of casualty insurance experience is required.
* Exposure to underwriting is desired.
* Should have strong interpersonal & communications skills and conscientious work ethic.
• Post ID: 96767798 manhattan