AIG Property Casualty Company has an opportunity for a Reinsurance Account Analyst in New York.
Performance objectives in this position are as follows:
* Map and reconcile Actuarial analysis of subject business back to financial statements;
* Work with various IT, Actuarial and Claims personal in identifying specific policies/claims to be excluded from this particular treaty;
* Assist in the analysis of underwriting results on various inforce treaties and process corrections to statement of accounts as needed.
Quarterly Close Support:
* Maintain and monitor monthly/quarter close calendar to meet all close related deliverables;
* Reinsurance layoff calculations - Gather Loss information and prepare complex reinsurance calculations (NMJE’s);
* Assist in the preparation of funds held calculation and monitoring of trust fund balances;
* Provide support to Finance in responding to management questions on this reinsurance transaction;
* Work with Finance on the changes in the Trust fund balances;
* Work with the claims team in monitoring claims in excess of a fixed dollar amount for reporting to reinsurer.
Account rendering/Sub-ledger maintenance:
* Prepare manual statement of accounts;
* Prepare support for manual entries into SAP;
* Cash processing initiation and application into sub-ledgers;
* Work with Treasury department in monitoring cash via monthly forecasting and annual budgeting;
* Provide the Reconciliation unit with support for sub ledger related activity;
* Work with Finance on GL to SL reconciliation analysis;
* Maintain manual sub-ledger detail for account in support of FH balances;
* Calculate and maintain Funds held balances for manual accounts.
Position Requirements: *1-2 years Reinsurance Experience; * Excellent written and oral communication skills; * Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
* Associates degree or the equivalent experience preferred;
*1-2 years Reinsurance Experience;
* Excellent written and oral communication skills;
* Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;* Strong spreadsheet (Excel) skills, Microsoft Access a plus.
• Post ID: 95108170 manhattan