Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
The Retouching Artist ("RA") provides design services for the Verizon in-house agency (IHA). Providing image retouching, color correction, or compositing on assigned projects, this role may also provide photo illustrations or low-res comping. The RA will also provide prepress and production support for appropriate projects. The RA will be responsible for retouching and post-production workflow process. This role will manage the retouching process and provide quality control for all images.
The RA will work closely with the marketing, design and sales teams to ensure quality, color and image consistency throughout Verizon’s entire brand.
- Performs image retouching including, clean up, outlining, merging multiple images when needed, color correction/shifting and cropping.
- Scans and retouches all artwork according to the creative andproduction specifications.
- Performs file naming and archiving of images following IHA process for both product and marketing photography.
- Is pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve the service and efficiency of the IHA photo studio team.
- Responsible for completion of work within prescribed deadlines.
- Works with the Studio Manager, Production Manager or production staff and assigned AD/CD’s to achievedesired results.
- Works with vendors to coordinate and execute scans, digital output, outside color correction and outside retouching.
- Advises creative on best way to execute approved concepts via illustration, scanning, retouching and pre-press techniques.
- Helps solve problems before they negatively impact the project, team or processes.
- Prepares proofs (black and white laser output or specified color outputs).
- Acts as production artist wherenecessary or specifically where needed.
- Reviews all work for errors/omissions with Studio Manager prior to turning in work for Creative/AM/Client approval.
- Checks all artwork forerrors and correct press or other usage where needed.
- Acts as a mentor and technical advisor to junior staff.
- May be called upon to maintain production/pre-press related computer equipment, including but not limited to scanning equipment, output devices, servers, web related software, software and all related hardware.
- Works with the Integrated Production Director in developing color calibration techniques that produce consistent color output from scanner to monitor to output device.
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Photography, Design or related fields.
- Three or more years of professional-level experience in retouching, production and pre-press within an external or in-house agency.
- Adobe InDesign Certification a plus.
- Possesses expertise of design techniques, skills, tools and procedures for the applicable media.
- Demonstrates proficient expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat. Adobe certification a plus.
- Demonstrates intermediate expertise in Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator and quality control practices.
- Sound understanding of MS Office.
- Ability to receive creative direction from Art Director, Lead Production Artist and Photographer and make adjustments per the directives.
- Actively learns new techniques to be more proficient in retouching skills.
- Ability to project manage/traffic workload.
- Excellent design, production and prepress skills.
- States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
- Provides open and honest feedback to supporting team members to drive development and executional excellence.
- Respectfully questions direction from the SGD or AD to help clarify strategies or fill information gaps.
- Listens well and incorporates others viewpoints into the retouching process.
- Maintains high quality standards despite pressing deadlines and always strives to do work right the first time and takes personal responsibility and accountability for work.
- Embraces the notion every project is an opportunity to make an impact.
- Seeks appropriate support from other designers to help develop assets for specific projects.
- Adapts well to changing priorities, deadlines and directions.
- Creative at problem solving and proactively offers to help.
- Prideful and diligent in the final preparation of work including production and presentation details.
- Possesses broad and deep understanding of printing techniques and processes.
- Possesses broad and deep understanding of online image preparation best practices.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6719503-retouching-artist
• Post ID: 117872298 manhattan