What you’ll be doing...
Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
The Senior Art Director (AD) provides design leadership and art direction for the in-house agency. Working in collaboration with a copywriter who develops the verbal portion of concepts, the Senior AD creates original visual concepts with a copywriter in response to a creative brief. The Senior AD is responsible for supporting the Creative Director, creative peers and Account Services teams in developing marketing collateral and internal communications materials for clients. The Senior Art Director must exhibit outstanding design judgment and work collaboratively with the writing and design team in achieving the highest possible standards for all materials requiring design across all mediums. The Senior AD needs working knowledge of clients’ business challenges, and leads the art direction to address specific marketing objectives as defined by the brief. For select assignments, the Senior AD will also be expected to help develop creative strategies and lead the conceptual development.
- Executing the concept and design of marketing assets to answer creative/marketing briefs.
- Provide art direction on small-and large-scale projects from creative conception to completion.
- Converts their rough ideas into visual prototypes (e.g., sketches, comps) to illustrate concepts for creative reviews.
- Recommends, researches and develops imagery (e.g., photography, illustration) to support creative strategy and execution.
- Collaborates with senior copywriter to artfully build creative solutions to address specific project objectives.
- Is accountable for the final development and production of creative assets and ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the design objectives.
- Ensures brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Plays an active role in contributing conceptual ideas in brainstorms or offline creative development.
- Works to improve the integrated team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Portfolio required.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in design, advertising or related field.
- Three or more years or professional level experience; as graphic designer or art director.
- External agency experience desired.
- In-House agency experience preferred.
- Demonstrated creative conceptualization skills.
- Demonstrates proficient expertise in using Adobe Creative Cloud software as required by the job function.
- Understands design applications in traditional and emerging channels.
- Contributes in developing initial creative strategies to address core marketing and business objectives.
- Actively participates in the ideation process leveraging research, analytics and brand insights
- States opinions clearly and can verbally describe visual concepts.
- Produces work that adheres to brand standards, but also able to explore new interpretations of the brand and develops out-of-the-box approaches to grow the visual identity of the brand.
- Can take direction well from creative directors.
- Understands that all projects require attention to detail so that work is on-time, on-budget and on-strategy.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7069791-senior-art-director
• Post ID: 117871378 manhattan