Verizon’s Content, Strategy & Acquisition team is responsible for leading robust content strategies and acquiring premium and multiplatform video programming across both new and established product lines within Verizon’s FIOS, Mobile, Broadband and Verizon O&O media platforms.
The Content team is seeking an experienced and motivated Content Analyst to drive pricing/packaging/programming research, build competitive market analysis and to lead cost effective deal models for the entire team. Success in this role requires one to have the ability to work successfully across various matrix groups, a high level of attention to detail and accuracy and a hunger for data-driven analysis and results.
The Content Data Analyst will provide timely, actionable insights to help drive strategy and business decisions for the team. They will also be responsible for maintaining and updating key linear, digital and multiplatform databases. They will help to build crucial deal models and will be key in providing data-driven analysis across all deal stages in coordination with the deal team, finance and marketing.
- This position regularly tracks, analyzes and synthesizes data related to all types of content inclusive of Linear TV, digital video and OTT video.
- Research and analyze the external environment to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, customer needs, applicable and emerging content areas, and the competitive landscape.
- Evaluate and aggregate internal video programming, channels and content inputs across the VZ O&O platforms to provide key learnings for the deal team.
- Evaluate new, emerging and established digital platform content offerings.
- Strong understanding of how entertainment content delivery and the content distribution ecosystem are evolving and the complexities involved in multi-platform content acquisition deals.
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of work experience
- Two or more years of direct media-related research/analysis/media strategy experience
- Experience working within a content distribution/acquisition, media strategy or business development group.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Working experience and data familiarity with Nielsen/Comscore/SNL Kagan and other research systems
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully and effectively across internal various matrix groups
- Positive attitude and a strong drive to learn
- Advanced proficiency in Excel spreadsheets (Pivot Tables, Vlookups, Sumifs, Countifs, etc.)
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment, taking the initiative, prioritizing multiple priorities and working under tight time-frames to meet deadlines
- High attention to detail and accuracy and quality of work
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Passion for the evolving content rights landscapes
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.