What you’ll be doing...
About our team
The Verizon Experience Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love.
Working from a newly designed studio space at 140 West Street, the team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the most important touch points across the customer journey.
About this role
As a Senior Content Strategist you will lead the end-to-end Content Strategy and UX Writing workstream, shaping brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
Work will span the design process, from front end design definition to agile development and implementation, so your work may include everything from defining voice and tone to refining a call to action after product launch.
In addition to shaping products you’ll play a lead role in shaping process, coaching others in best practices and championing the value of thoughtfully crafted language in creating brand-defining, customer-centered experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
- Understand the broader user’s journey with a product, and define and create content that is accessible, understandable, actionable, and engaging across touchpoints to shape experiences that transform customers into advocates
- Define overall voice and tone guidelines that complement design principles and brand strategy and ensure they are embodied in the product
- Document and maintain content specifications outlining content components and guidelines to ensure a consistent experience across touchpoints, with attention to core product and related touchpoints (marketing landing pages, emails, direct mail, etc.)
- Write and edit digital product copy – from higher level messaging and naming that establishes brand tone and voice to copy in product tours, enrollment flows, emails/notifications, transactional flows, error messages, and more
- Define objectives and success criteria for content, gather and analyze existing content, and identify and implement recommendations for improving content, whether it’s defining the tone of a new product or evolving an existing experience to be even better
- Recommend strategies for sunsetting content and propose both short- and long-term solutions as new products are launched
- Partner with design researchers to propose research initiatives, define research goals, and create research stimuli, translating findings into plans of action that drive refinements
- Partner with IT to understand technical implications of content and help implement content accessibility standards
What we’re looking for...
● 4+ years of experience of content strategy and writing for a diverse range of web and mobile experiences.
● Bachelors or Masters Degree in English, Communications, Professional & Technical Writing, Design, or related field and a portfolio of impressive work
● A focus on UX writing with ability to inform systems-level structure and overall messaging strategy
● Capabilities in secondary areas including UX design, visual design, research, online messaging and branding, information architecture, editorial strategy, search engine optimization, metadata strategy, and content distribution strategy (including email marketing)
● Familiarity with human-centered design methodologies, empathy for end users, and passion for teaching and learning from others to shape process and culture
● Ability to work out of New York office with some work days in Basking Ridge, NJ and/or Piscataway, NJ and legal authorization to work in the US
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2239112-senior-content-strategist-experience-design
• Post ID: 150880162 manhattan