- Writes creative, effective marketing copy following a creative brief.
- Able to proofread at a high level with little to no errors.
- Researches clients, their competitors and the target audience to support creative strategy and inform the execution.
- Provides writing support for aligned client group(s), as well as supporting projects from other clients as demand and scheduling requires.
- Collaborates with the design team as needed to meet specific project objectives.
- Produces original, clear and credible copy and is accountable for the final development of creative assets.
- Supports and mentors junior members of the team to take the writing abilities to the next level.
- Ensures accuracy, attention to details and overall meets or exceeds the writing objectives.
- Ensures messaging brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions.
- Executes writing requests with accuracy, producing zero errors in work (all client edits are implemented correctly, spell check was run, facts were confirmed).
- Responds to all requests and communications in a timely and thorough manner.
- Works to improve the team’s overall performance and embraces a collaborative approach.
- Takes lead in staff and manager meetings and able to report back to Sr. Management on status and updates.
- Help the team to strategically perform the work on a high level of planning.
- Creative thought process at a high level and able to articulate the work back to the team.
- Supports peers by reviewing work to ensure zero errors in work.
- Edits and proofreads material as demand and scheduling requires.
- Supports leadership in helping build a unified team mindset.
- Demonstrates proficient expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency with AP and Chicago Manual of Style.
- Understands writing applications in traditional and emerging channels.
- Maintains a consistent voice and audience focus in writing.
- Is able to “boil down” verbose content to the “essence” of the main message in a concise, effective manner.
- Exhibits consistent quality control in work.
- Able to maintain deadlines at a constant level.
- Exhibits an understanding of specific channels or vertical markets as required by job function.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt style of copy to various audiences, purposes, or media.
- Exhibits competency presenting creative work.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, journalism, communications or related field.
- External or in-house agency experience required.
- Minimum of six years professional level writing experience required.
- Portfolio required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6641647-sr-copywriter