This role will be a key member of a small, agile team within Verizon’s new Smart Communities and Venues (SCV) team, primarily supporting the Urban Technology in launching Palo, the “payphone of the 21stcentury”.
The team is working on rapidly deploying Palo in the first cities, requiring heavy coordination with the broader Verizon and AOL organizations. The Senior Manager would support all non-engineering-focused decisions and coordination.
The SCV team works very closely with the leadership of Verizon’s
Products and New Business (PNB) division. The PNB organization is set to drive tens of Billions in revenue over the coming years.
This is a unique opportunity to not only help design the future of the company but also directly contribute to execution, within a small team in a well-established company.
- Ensuring strong communication between the Director’s office, leadership team, and staff around emerging needs and initiatives
- Creating business cases for customer deals
- Leading contract negotiations with customers and vendors
- Ensuring structured project management throughout kiosk project
- Setting up the organization for scale (e.g., pricing approaches, organization design, billing and support functions,
- Making product design decisions
- Facilitating complex, time-sensitive communications on critical product and deployment issues with staff and key external constituents
- Managing relations with key external stakeholders, including software developers, manufacturers, policymakers, and customers
- Ensuring follow-up and completion of key initiatives and projects in motion
- Maintaining regular communications with the leadership of the Smart Communities & Venues team
- 8+ years working experience – ideally within strategy consulting, PE or Strategy / BD roles within media / technology companies
- Enthusiastic, collaborative, and high-energy individuals who wants to make an impact on the industry
- Relentless desire to deliver results, with a willingness to roll up sleeves and get it done, while remaining exceptionally organized
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Structured approach to identifying and assessing business opportunities and issues
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to vary communication style based on the audience
- A love of networking, with desire to know all the key players in the media tech space
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexible, with a proven track record of establishing credibility within organizations
- Leadership in visual and written communication, able to manage internal and agency projects to create amazing content
- Strong understanding and interest in technical foundation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA preferred or equivalent experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6492819-senior-product-manager-citizen-engagement