Seeking an experienced and passionate Product Manager who will manage FamilyBase, Family Locator and other potential new product lines.
This person will own the product(s) end to end, including identify business opportunities, developing product strategy and commercial business models, collaborating with our technical partners to manage ongoing product development, developing and executing effective go-to-market strategies and marketing plans, and measuring results.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the product vision and strategy for new features and product concepts derived from customer needs, market opportunities, and technology trends.
- Gather, validate and implement requirements or ideas from Product, Product Strategy, Customer support and Sales teams to make your strategies and programs successful.
- Understand the competitive landscape and develop a POV on the future of the industry and what it means for your product/Verizon as a whole.
- Identity opportunities and launch new enhancements to address customer needs to minimize churn and maximize LTV.
- Define a robust customer experience through appropriate documentation, and drive the product roadmap to meet the defined vision.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance, and operational support.
- Negotiate development support to arrive at a feasible solution that will fit within the defined schedule.
- Collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams such as engineering, design, finance, user experience, go-to-market, and legal to ensure a smooth product development process
- Manage multiple assignments and align them with the business priorities and deadlines
- Develop and maintain partnerships with external businesses.
- Be accountable for launch, marketing and channel plans that effectively leverage appropriate assets or partner relationships towards maximizing product success.
- Collect and analyze product results data to measure overall success and engagement, track feature adoption, identify user behavior and then feed this knowledge back into product design and requirements.
- Partner with other product managers (internal/external) to understand their requirements and develop a set of standard APIs and documentation so other apps/services can easily integrate with the FamilyBase and Family Locator.
- A Bachelor's degree (Business or Marketing concentration) or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years or relevant experience.
- Relevant experience as a Product Manager in tech space.
- Experience in developing, launching and maintaining consumer products or services.
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience working on or managing a messaging product (on the software development side).
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with messaging apps, the overall OTT messaging landscape, chatbots, and messaging platforms.
- Good understanding of product design/UX and human-centered design thinking.
- Experience and expertise developing high-level product strategy - own your product(s) end to end, including developing product strategy and commercial business models, deep collaboration with our technical partners to manage ongoing product development, as well as the development and execution of effective go-to-market strategies and marketing plans.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and translate market trends and feedback into successful product initiatives and revenue growth.
- A proven track record of being responsible for the business results of the implemented product and marketing strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytic problem-solving and critical-thinking skills with a pragmatic approach to process improvement.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6272081-senior-product-manager-mobile-applications