Senior Solution Engineers serve as the technical design authority and architectural expert for sales opportunities across geographic regions, in support of the entire VES IT Solutions portfolio. They will engage in complex, strategic sales opportunities directly, and serve as the technical SPOC for such pursuits, leading teams of engineers and delegating as necessary. A Senior Sales Engineer will be capable of working independently on deals of any size or complexity, with minimal direction from leadership. They will consult with our customer’s senior technical and business owners to create a strategy leveraging the strengths of our portfolio, and help execute that strategy within the sales and delivery organizations.
Qualified candidates will possess multiple years of experience in the computing/information technology industry in a sales-oriented, technical design and engineering role, with an emphasis on data center technologies and architectures including cloud, server, storage, applications and security.
Senior SEs will act as final arbiter of solution elements, and technical editor of proposal narratives. Their role in the sales cycle is to own, lead, and direct the technical elements of the opportunity, including customer presentation, requirements gathering, solution design, quote creation, and administrative support of the sale. They will participate in business discussions including defining support roles, Service levels, pricing structure, and program management, and engage third party providers as necessary to complete the solution. They will design, coordinate and execute proof of concepts to modernize customer’s mission/business critical application for performance, scalability, latency and reliability.
They will support their Vertical or Regional Sales Management team(s), Partner Channels, Strategic Account Managers, and other Sales engagement teams, including assisting with deal prioritization and task delegation across the Solution Engineering teams. They will engage Principal Solution Engineers for SME assistance when necessary and appropriate. They will participate in EBCs/QBRs, presenting company capabilities including performing live demonstrations and datacenter tours, and representing the company during commercial events and trade shows.
They will serve a critical role in ensuring that all quoted solutions are supportable and manageable by the company including validating SLA language and fitness for operational stability. The Sr. SE role helps ensure that all technical questions are answered, all internal sales and approval processes are followed, and that the customer’s requirements are fully met by the various teams involved in the quoting, implementation, and transition process. They will provide mentoring to Solution Engineer III’s and assist with training development as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Applied Mathematics.
- A high degree of competency in most of the following technical areas: Hybrid IT, Public/Private Cloud Services, API integration, security, application architecture, database design and replication, SAN technology, DevOps and Managed Services.
- In depth knowledge of datacenter infrastructure, power and cooling designs, peering as well as different security and compliance scenarios.
- In depth knowledge of Cloud Computing models, having designed IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions as well as Cloud Storage fundamentals.
- In depth knowledge of network architecture including MPLS/SCI and core network fundamentals.
- Full understanding of security fundamentals, architectures, common hardware/software platforms, encryptions and best practices as well as compliance frameworks.
- In depth understanding of ITIL principles including but not limited to Problem Management, Incident Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
- In depth knowledge in Database Services, including SQL/Oracle/NoSQL , data warehousing and big data solutions.
- Full understanding of data protection solutions that encompass multiple DR and BC scenarios with RTO/RPO, Data Copy Management and Managed Backup knowledge.
- Full grasp on Verizon’s CDN services through Verizon Digital Media Services. To include but not limited to Web Acceleration, Broadcast Streaming, eCommerce and Digital Content optimization.
- In depth understanding of opensource community including Openstack, Ceph Storage, OpenShift etc.
- Advance Technical Certifications: VCP, ITILv3, CCDP, MSCP.
- Five or more years of relevant professional and senior level technical experience.
- Proven experience in managing the design of complex enterprise IT solutions.
- Experience in customer facing roles and have led successful technical and economic value discussions with senior customer executives to help in driving specific decisions.
- Strong sales support skills, recognizing Client needs for current and follow-on opportunities; gains Client respect, and possess good relationship building skills.
- Experience with complex solutions technical sales support, collaborative team selling and consultative selling.
- Proven track record in presenting solutions design and promoting the use of technology to solve business problems.
- Experience following documented processes and procedures.
- Experience working in a commissionable, high velocity sales environment with monthly quotas.
- Self-starter who assumes responsibility, recognizes problems, provides well though-out solutions and takes initiatives to fix them; ability to adapt to any given situation.
- Exceptional communications capabilities, including leveraging other people, giving technical presentations, and the ability to tailor and adjust content to an audience as appropriate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – examples of solution architecture diagrams, statements of work, and/or technical project plans desired.
- Ability to multi-task and work multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to provide training and mentoring to other architects as they progress in mastering their professional skills and as they learn company and industry best practices.
- Design, coordinate and execute POCs/Trials to modernize customer’s mission/business critical solutions for performance, scalability, latency, reliability.
- Competitive awareness. Understanding the competitive landscape, who are our competitors and what are our competitive differentiators.
- Advanced understanding of region Data Centers they support in order to provide in depth tours of those facilities with the ability to dynamically interact with customers.
- Opportunity/Funnel- Manage projects > 5M in Total Contract Value.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6659962-senior-solutions-engineer