What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Media & Entertainment marketing team is growing, and we’re looking for a talented marketing leader to grow our Live Sports audience across the NFL, NBA, MLS, MMA, and other emerging sports.
The Sports Marketing Lead will manage a team of marketers and will work closely with the Director of Marketing, Content, CRM, Product, and Brand, as well as our external agency partners to move new and existing co-marketing projects forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and inspire a world-class sports marketing team, fostering an open culture that celebrates original thinking, innovation and creative risk taking.
- Plans and executes effective co-marketing initiatives with our Sports partners that help generate awareness, user sign-ups, engagement, and loyalty
- Eye for compelling creative.
- Manages current channel marketing mix and assists in defining and designing the co-marketing strategies for our strategic partners
- Supervises external agencies
- Optimization of campaigns and existing channels and identification of potential channels / opportunities
- Liaise with agencies and content partners to purpose assets for partner marketing initiatives
- Communicates new product releases and added content and manages the cross-functional implementation of associated marketing plans
- Attract, retain and, develop top marketers internally as well as build strong external talent relationships to leverage by project.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Integrated marketing experience at an entertainment company (TV, Studios, Sports League)
- Experience in Sports television content and industries
- Experience managing and growing partnerships
- Experience managing agencies and video content partners
Even better if you have:
- An MBA
- Direct experience in sports marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Well- grounded knowledge of customer lifecycle stages, behaviors and programs that are successful in changing consumer patterns
- A demonstrated, successful, history of building marketing strategy and project management
- In-depth knowledge of the development, design and management of co-marketing campaigns with traceable performance achievements, especially in the areas of consumer acquisition and engagement
- Ability to work well in a high energy, fast-paced environment
- Bilingual (English + Spanish)
- Eye for impactful creative
- Metrics driven. Seeks continuous improvement of marketing efforts to increase quality and productivity.
- Experience with the following categories preferred: mobile, mobile apps, millennial audience, launching tech products, entertainment brands
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6864387-sports-marketing-lead-media-and-entertainment
• Post ID: 110910718 manhattan