What you’ll be doing...
Manager, UX Design (Retail Digital)
The Manager of UX Design is responsible for projects and initiatives to innovate and design new digital consumer experiences in alignment with the brand strategy and overall digital experience principles. This role is responsible for providing strategic direction, creative briefs and creative oversight in the development of these experiences. This person will be the point of contact for key stakeholders, agencies and cross-functional teams and needs to lead but also collaborate to achieve common goals. This role requires the ability to understand the systems and platforms that support various digital experiences, but also the ability to clearly present design recommendations to Verizon leadership in ways that deliver on the business strategy. The Manager will provide consistent delivery of high quality solutions that create a new level of engagement and provide competitive advantage in the places customers come in contact with our brand. The incumbent needs to understand the brand strategy, marketing principles and roadmap, to define the digital retail experience.
User Experience and Innovation Design Creation
- Develop the strategic and creative direction for the digital user experience
- Manage design programs and creative designs leveraging agency partners to drive the creation of innovative customer experiences
- Identify emerging, latest trends in digital design methodologies and practices to incorporate as a core competency differentiating the Verizon customer experience
- Develop new/existing experiences across moments of truth along the customer journey through digital touch points that fulfill the brand, purpose, and strategy
Lead Cross Functional Integration
- Perform as the subject matter expert for the digital experience work stream and blue prints for a digital experience to enhance customer expectations by working directly with the IT development team to realize the new user experience
- Collaborate cross-functionally with core team members throughout Verizon
- Partner with Consumer Insights to understand customer feedback to identify gaps/opportunities in the digital experience
- Partner with IT team to develop new experiences based on the creative framework
Strategic & Operational Deliverables
- Research, explore, and understand opportunities within the current digital experience to drive initiatives to improve and deliver a seamless customer experience
- Create summary business cases and executive briefs that define and outline scope, objectives, and key deliverables
- Collect objective evidence to substantiate areas where breakdowns/gaps exist to determine
- Manage status updates for digital experience and improvement projects
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- 6+ years in digital retail design/digital app/internet/user experience/insights/customer experience.
- Demonstrated program/project management in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent skills required to compile, analyze customer data and understanding cause and effect relationships.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer experience, company policies, procedures, and KPI measurements.
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can assess data and make appropriate process decisions/recommendations.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities.
- Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present and work with senior leaders.
- Ability to gather information; extract relevant data and apply knowledge to develop and create communications.
- Keen understanding of the elements required to define and develop a leading customer experience.
- Strong follow up, organization and prioritization skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience working in a complicated Digital ecosystem including ecommerce, service, advertising and retail.
- Understanding and experience using Oracle Commerce platforms (ATG, Endeca).
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Position is based in Basking Ridge, NJ or NYC
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6876831-ux-design-manager
• Post ID: 110911318 manhattan