Why work here?
At 140 West, you will be part of the energy that’s evolving the Verizon brand to become a leading technology player. The new Tribeca space will bring together some of the industry’s sharpest minds across a multitude of disciplines, creating an integrated team that can be responsive and innovative across every Verizon touchpoint.
- Work with clients and producers to creatively edit raw video footage, including music and graphics, and deliver a finished deliverable. Create rough and final cuts.
- Manage all production files both during postproduction and the archiving stage thus ensuring efficient retrieval of archived files.
- Troubleshoot and implement new software and upgrades into production environment.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Author, create and distribute streaming files as per client specifications.
- Any other special projects, duties deemed necessary by departmental supervisor or Manager.
- Engage in professional development to continuously grow in your profession and remain competitive with outside services.
- Bachelor’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Two or more years of relevant work experience.
- Production editing experience.
- Portfolio required.
- Knowledge of digital technology and video editing software packages (Final Cut Pro, Avid, Premiere, Lightworks and After Effect).
- Knowledge of non-linear post production.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Degree in film studies, cinematography or a related field.
- Ability to create 2D graphics using After Effects.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and DVD authoring software.
- Knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity.
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing.
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
- Ability to interact with customers in a professional and pleasant manner on a daily basis.
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations and handle multiple tasks while maintaining a professional and appropriate demeanor.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision.
- Willingness to adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Embrace and embody the objectives of customer service, operational excellence, teamwork, continuous process improvement, leading by example and exceptional character.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take action.
- Ability to deliver at the appropriate level for the project strategy.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6501230-video-editor