We are looking for an experienced Interaction Designer to compliment our growing Total Experience Design (TCX) team that is building future customer experiences across all Verizon lines of business and customer channels. The ideal candidate will have experience turning high-level concepts into pixel-perfect UI renderings and prototypes across mobile and web experiences. The candidate will have solid experience at the front of visual design, architecting web and mobile application experiences and translating research/requirements into wireframes and user flows. The role will work closely with product managers, engineers and other design disciplines in TCX to bring these products and features market.
The Visual Designer will work collaboratively with the TCX team, Verizon stakeholders and agency partners to effect positive change across Verizon’s consumer facing product lines. The role will be responsible for translating written documentation and product wireframes into beautiful brand experiences that emote the positive nature of Verizon products and services. Bring life to product UX/UI using prototyping tools and create detailed, pixel-perfect style guides that form roadmaps for internal development partnerships. The role will report to and work collaboratively with the Experience Design Lead.
• Collaborate with product owners and fellow designers to create and produce visual designs for product UIs
• Participate in collaborative partnerships with product managers and other TCX team to craft intelligent, scalable information architecture for mobile/web applications
• Translate research data into UX patterns that connect the company goals with the user needs
• Participate in user and product research to test, evaluate and strategize on opportunities to evolve the product experience
• Create and animate application animations and transitions for development teams and internal stakeholders that compliment/enhance Verizon brand attributes
• Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product team and present ideas and designs effectively
• Participate in regular brainstorming sessions, product reviews, and design talks
• Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
• Ability to convey concepts through sketches, renderings, style guides wireframes and visual specifications
• Create polished final designs and work closely with agile development teams to ensure the implementation of the designs
• Effectively discuss and document UX/UI designs and design decisions for varied audiences
• Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
• 2 years designing consumer-facing digital products
• Bachelor’s in Visual Communications, Media Arts and Science (BA or BS), or related field or equivalent experience
• Demonstrable UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio
• Have experience with assorted interfaces (i.e. mobile, tablet, desktop)
• Talented. Intellectually curious, quick study who will learn the business quickly, proactive problem solver who will actively engage in thoughtful debate. Conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability, loves to solve complex design problems, and wants to trail blaze.
• Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to human-centered design philosophies and user-system interaction
• Proficiency in Adobe CC products, Sketch, Invision App and other visual design and prototyping tools
• Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, collaborative, proactive and flexible
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Position based in New York city with some work expected in Basking Ridge, NJ
Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6305944-analyst-experience-design
• Post ID: 117873798 manhattan