Verizon is seeking an engaged and passionate experience design leader to join our growing team. In this role, you will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of designers, strategists, researchers and thought leaders committed to designing the future of Verizon products and services. You are an advocate for human centered design, lean UX and agile development with core strengths in UI/UX design and communications.
The Experience Design Lead role is responsible for end-to-end product design for specific business units in support of Total Experience Design (TCX) team efforts. The role will partner, communicate and collaborate with internal and external partners across Verizon B2B and B2C channels to execute design initiatives for digital product experiences tied to larger TCX product brand strategies. This role will be part of TCX team that is building future customer experiences across all Verizon lines of business and customer channels. The ideal candidate will have experience managing product UI/UX design teams in fast paced deadline driven environments. This leadership role requires a deep understanding of experience design for digital products and services of all kinds, sizes, shapes and contexts.
The Experience Design Lead will be the connective tissue between brand, visual product design, research, UX, development and all internal and external partners working collaboratively to move innovative and intelligent digital products to market in a highly competitive industry. The role necessitates management skills that create efficiencies and emphasize processes that maximize the output of theTCX team. The Experience Design Lead must be an advocate for human centered design philosophies both internally and externally, balancing the needs of the user against business KPIs. The role requires creative strategic thinking, driving interaction with BUs across the organization and in collaboration with vendors partnering on key product design endeavors.
- Lead and facilitate a talented, multi-disciplinary team through each stage of the design process
- Partner with executives, leaders, and other business unit stakeholders to define scalable strategies that align business and customer
- Use customer-driven insights and agile methodologies to deliver elegant and delightful customer experiences
- Translate business requirements into visual concepts and prototypes
- Create and deliver UX/UI design documentation to aid with cross-team communication, collaboration and development
- Maximize research data to deliver intuitive user flows, interaction models and information architecture for all digital platforms (i.e. mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Define and drive design best practices across the TCX organization
- Define the goals, requirements, structure, navigation and functionality of effective and engaging user interactions
- Conceptualize experiences, collaborate in brainstorms and drive innovative ideas
- Construct IA structures, user flows and interaction designs
- Champion principles of usability and user-centered design
- Partner with strategic business leads to ensure clear two-way gathering and distribution of business intelligence and requirements
- Manage multiple team projects at once, ensuring goal oriented deliverables and transparency with internal and external partners
- Keep your team directed on project goals and emphasize best in class product design execution
- Drive curiosity in your team and foster a passion to deliver solutions to complex problems
- Bachelor’s degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Ten or more years UX/IU design experience with an impressive background creating experiences, services and applications
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Sciences, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Business or related discipline.
- Proven track record owning or playing a fundamental role in the UI/UX//interaction design of products, sites and/or applications
- Strong background in UI/UX design with proven ability to create functional, usable and delightful interfaces
- Proven ability to bring to market consumer-oriented digital products, services, and/or experiences.
- Strong information design communication skills, both in team collaboration and written documentation of UX design elements, flows, interaction and functionalities
- Experience with multi-platform projects for large audiences (mobile, tablet, desktop and connected devices)
- Experience managing direct reports with varied skills and responsibilities
- Strong product sensibilities
- Experience managing dynamic teams in a diverse organization and across multiple business channels
- Strategic thinker who can collect and analyze data to make appropriate design decisions/recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines with frequent interruptions and redefined priorities
- Talented. Intellectually curious, quick study who will learn the business quickly, proactive problem solver who will actively engage in thoughtful debate. Conscientious, curious, hard-working individual who craves accountability and loves to solve complex problems
- Undaunted by chaos. Masterful ability to juggle. Forceful, willful, and totally committed to action.
- Excellent judgment and self-leadership
- Resourceful and able to independently utilize necessary resources to complete projects with minimal required supervision
- Exceptional ability to prioritize and apply problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to engage and achieve results working with seasoned multifunctional teams
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization ranging from front-line employees to enterprise officers
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Results oriented, strong sense of urgency, collaborative, proactive and flexible
- Position based in Basking Ridge, NJ with expectation of some work days in NYC
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6664219-visual-designer