What you’ll be doing...
in the role of a Network Security Engineer (Security Consultant) will be responsible for delivering consulting projects consisting of support for implementing, updating, change management, and designing solutions for network security technologies. Delivers consulting project activities, ranging from kickoff process through final delivery.
Technical responsibilities include system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation, testing, client training, and solution deployment. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Identify, assess, develop, and deploy solutions for customer information technology security infrastructure.
- Medium to long term engagements requiring varied interpersonal and technical skills.
- Perform security architecture analysis to evaluate all components of the environment to include placement and functionality of core security devices.
- Create and provide peer reviews for high level and low level solution design.
- Participate in the customer’s detailed change management process for technology and configuration updates.
- If needed, provide support for analyzing configurations and updating network security technologies.
Responsibilities and Additional Duties
- Experience with building, maintaining, reviewing all configurations/settings/policies on chosen technologies;
- Experience of multi-vendor, managed outsourcing environments;
- Experience working with operational change management and service frameworks such as ITIL;
- Good general knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, WAN, LAN).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills (technical and non-technical);
- Ability to review processes and procedures – and improve them;
- Experience participating in network & system security projects to provide:
- Production of detailed infrastructure designs including physical and virtual aspects of security components.
- Migration of complex legacy infrastructures to new managed security services platforms;
- Work with minimal supervision as an individual contributor and as part of a team.
What we’re looking for...
Requires in-depth technical knowledge of at least three of the following:
Applicable knowledge of an overall security architecture and the role of components such as:
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7150169-network-security-engineer
• Post ID: 134144722 manhattan