Position Title: Order Fulfillment Assistant (Part-time, Mon – Fri, 1:00pm – 6:00pm)
Location: New York, NY 10031
Report to: Management and R&D staff
Salary: $15 – 17 per hour (DOE), 20 – 25 hours/week
Industrial Sonomechanics is a research & development, product design & manufacture and process consulting firm, specializing in industrial ultrasonic technology for liquid treatment.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join our team. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be extremely detail-oriented. The position will mainly involve product assembly, testing, packaging and shipping under tight deadlines as well as working with documents in MS Office, Google Docs and Sheets.
To make sure that this position is a good fit, please review the blog (link below) before applying. In your cover letter, explain why working specifically at Industrial Sonomechanics will be a good fit for both parties. http://blog.sonomechanics.com/blog
- Helping with product testing, assembly and packaging;
- Creating shipping labels, scheduling shipment pickups, tracking and receiving shipments;
- Maintaining office supplies, placing equipment orders, verifying and keeping track of orders;
- Maintaining inventory;
- Organizing and keeping a neat R&D space (includes washing lab ware and putting tools away);
- Updating spreadsheets and databases;
- Assisting scientists and engineers in data collection.
- Bachelor's degree or higher (engineering, natural science or a related field is preferred);
- 2+ years of experience in an office assistant, lab technician or similar role;
- Excellent Microsoft Excel and Word skills and experience with Google Docs and Sheets;
- Very strong attention to detail;
- Able to set priorities, quickly adapt to changes and learn continuously;
- Motivated, well organized, neat, attentive and able to work independently;
- Flexible and positive attitude;
- Able to handle confidential information with discretion;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Able to lift objects weighing up to 60 pounds;
- Polished and professional demeanor;
- Authorized to work legally in the U.S.
Apply by sending your resume and cover letter as pdf attachments to: ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails without both a resume and a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour
• Post ID: 155220237 manhattan