Job Description: Conduct property loss prevention surveys of commercial property facilities including light to high hazard manufacturing and process facilities such as metal workers, plastic workers, rubber workers, wood workers, electronic manufacturers, pulp and paper mills, steel mills, aluminum mills, cement mills, electronic manufacturers, semiconductor and chemical plants and non-manufacturing occupancies such as hospitals, universities, real estate, retail, etc..
This position is home based with field work conducted at insured facilities.
• Conduct property loss prevention surveys at commercial facilities
o Determine building construction and assess the impact of plastics on construction
o Analyze water supplies and sprinkler system demands to determine water supply and sprinkler system adequacy
o Identify occupancy hazards and assess the adequacy of their protection features
o Identify and assess the impact of external exposures on a facility
o Determine fire and natural catastrophe loss estimates for a facility
• Conduct consultative visits at customer facilities
• Conduct plan reviews
• Witness fire protection equipment testing
• Document survey results in an data-driven report writing application
• Mentor and train lesser experienced staff
The Ideal Candidate would possess the following:
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
• Possess more than 8 years of highly protected risk, specialized industry and/or boiler and machinery field experience
• Broad knowledge in ‘all risk’ property loss control and experienced in performing property field surveys of commercial and light to high hazard industrial occupancies.
• Proficiency in automatic sprinkler system hydraulic calculations & fire protection water supply analysis.
• Proficiency in assessing exposures from wind, flood and earthquake.
• Possess strong analytical skills
• Be highly motivated and work well without close supervision. The individual must be able to make decisions with and without established guidelines and to provide technical support to underwriters & clients.
• Ability to complete assignments on-time.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (verbal and written), computer skills and a client focused approach.
• Professional Engineer or Certified Fire Protection Specialist Designation (desired but not required).
• Ability to work closely with various Account Teams including Account Engineers and Underwriters
• Must be able to perform physical activities required for the position (i.e., be on feet and walking 8-10 hours a day, climbing ladders, being at high elevations)
• Must be able to type at a computer for 8 hours a day with 3 or 4, 15 minute breaks doing other work and a lunch break interspersed.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment required for the position (hard hat, safety shoes, safety glasses and hearing protection)
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Founded in 1919, today we provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, mortgage insurance and other financial services to customers in more than 100 countries and jurisdictions. Our diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
Join our Talent Network at www.aig.com/talentnetwork. Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com and www.aig.com/strategyupdate | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig> | Twitter: @AIGinsurance | LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig. These references with additional information about AIG have been provided as a convenience, and the information contained on such websites are not incorporated by reference into this press release.