Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG Property Casualty working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the #1 insurance provider and changing the way Americans think about, purchase and use insurance. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team. If you would like to be a part of our team, we invite you to consider putting your talents to work with the AIG.
• Developing strong relationships with brokers and clients to grow the underwriter’s book of trade credit business.
• Training, mentoring, providing technical direction to analysts to meet internal operations/audit directives for the division.
• Underwriting new and renewal insurance submissions and negotiating policy terms and conditions.
• Analyzing domestic and international corporate credits, evaluating financial information, and recommending or approving appropriate credit limits and terms.
• Professionally maintaining and properly servicing an existing book of trade credit insurance business.
• Marketing, selling and presenting to brokers and insureds to increase submission flow.
• Engaging in various underwriting and marketing projects to improve overall company results.
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
•1-2 years of experience in an underwriting capacity is preferred.
• Proficiency in software packages Microsoft Outlook, Cap IQ, Salesforce.
• Solid organizational and communication skills are essential.
• BA required, MBA preferred.
• Foreign language proficiency valued, and underwriting, banking, or other credit analysis experience a plus.
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States.
AIG Property Casualty is a global market leader, one of the few truly global property casualty franchises.
AIG Life and Retirement is one of the largest life insurance organizations in the U.S., and provides protection, investment and income solutions needed for financial and retirement security.
United Guaranty Corporation is the marketplace leader in mortgage insurance in the U.S.
Additional information about AIG can be found at www.aig.com | YouTube: www.youtube.com/aig | Twitter: @AIGInsurance| LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/aig